Your greatest ever mod?

Associate
Removed the silly small factory intercooler from my Cavalier Turbo and replacing it with a custom built front mounted intercooler that actually got airflow....

Instant 45-ish BHP and better response :)

Fitting it was fun as, at that time, there wasn't such a thing as a front mounted intercooler for this car so it was trial and error all the way :D

It even looked like a factory fit at the end it was so subtle from the outside.

45bhp...from an intercooler?

Pull the other one! :p

Remap for me on the 1.8t.

Soldato
Clio - Eibach Sportline springs and KYB shocks.

Rover - ...Bosch AeroTwin Blades? Lol. I did some research and got 18"/22" (passenger/driver) instead of the usual 18"/18" so I s'pose it's classed as a modification. :p

Soldato
45bhp...from an intercooler?

Pull the other one! :p

Remap for me on the 1.8t.

Soz, you're right... Managed to track down the results from 9 years ago -

Standard - 203.5BHP and 218lb/ft
Intercooler - 238BHP and 243lb/ft

Making 35BHP and 25lb/ft

Apologies for bad memory before :o

Edit: It may explain things in that it was a Cavalier Turbo and anyone that knows this car realises that the extremely small standard intercooler is also positioned behind the n/s headlamp so gets little airflow whereas the new one was probably 3 times the surface area and was right at the front in plenty of airflow.

Last edited:
Associate
570882503_3f5e5b453f.jpg

Ditto on the Group N billies, feels like a totally different car now.

Closely followed by a Piper exhaust with decat. :cool:

Caporegime
Permabanned
fitting a 2.8 with manual box into a 2 door mk4 cortina 1300

so much torque could pull off in fourth gear easy

Last edited:
Soldato
Get it mapped, Carl (Hayward) said it should be good for up to 80bhp after mapping and a decat with better exhaust. I'm off to get my map tweaked on Weds after fitting a FMIC.

I got it mapped by pip@WGT a few years ago. After messing with it, i managed to accidentally reset it so i need to get pip to email the map file to me so i can upload it with a laptop and datalogit. The thing is, the car is running bigger injectors and a bigger Vmount intercooler now, so will need totally remapping again.

And yes, carl is right. I got about 75/80bhp extra just by fitting this power FC and a complete 3.5" stainless downpipe, decat and WGT backbox. The Proof was on the paper print off.

Felt great at the time but you get used to it and want more power. It's a costly habit :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom