Poll: **********The All New Official OcUK Anti-Virus Program Thread - KEEP ALL AV QUESTIONS IN HERE*******

What AV do you use the most?

• Total voters
Man of Honour
The old thread was huge, so it's time for a refresh.

The poll is slightly different this time. Please vote for the option that you personally use the most at the moment. It'll be interesting to see how many people use a paid subscription versus a free one.

Associate
Where's all the old content??? I had posted a couple references to sites are they now gone?

If so anyone got a good on-line virus scanner link please

J.B

J.B

Soldato
I'm still on Avast, I dont know why though, just force of habbit/what's familiar.

We just started using Sophos at work though on the servers

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
MS Security Essentials build 1.0.1959.0 - Obvious bug is still Obvious.

I was delighted to see a new build was out and that ars blogged a few days ago about this new build which had new performance improvements, certainly in regards to the CPU hogging, disk I/O raping bug that's been around since BETA where if you Explorer browse a large folder with many installers in it everything in that folder crawls at loading.

I guess the performance fixes were not to fix this particular major bug...

Anyway, for interested people who want to update and won't have large enough folders to see this issue the links are below.

Download : Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0.1959.0 For WindowsXP 32-BIT
Download : Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0.1959.0 For Windows Vista/7 32-bit
Download : Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0.1959.0 For Windows Vista/7 64-Bit
Link : HomePage

Soldato
It's a shame I couldn't pick two, as Kaspersky is a very close second, but I chose MSE because that's what I'm running right now.

I agree the old thread was massive but there was some good stuff in there. I can see this going the same way. Perhaps it's just one of those threads that will need clearing out every now and again.

Back
Top Bottom