Spec me a case please

Associate
Alright, I've finally swayed and decided to buy a case once I have the money for it. I'm just still unsure as to what case to get.

Color: Doesn't matter too much, preferably black
Look: No stupid alienware-esque case designs, I want something clean and straight and simple
Features: An extra bay for the PSU and rad (up to 3x120 if I decide to upgrade) would be great
Cable management: For a change, I definitely want some sort of non-visible cable management, good examples are the 800D.
Other: A window on the side would be interesting, but not largely needed.

In fact I've been having my eye on the 800D for a while, but I'm still unsure and want to know what else there is that's similar.

Could anybody help me decide by providing some good similar cases?

Associate
OP
Hm. It seems the mounting area for the radiator on the 800D is 105mm tall, that means I can't run my rad using push/pull. Damn :/

(25mm fan + 60mm rad + 25mm fan)

Any alternatives that have enough space for a 60mm thick rad?

Soldato
I can't run my rad using push/pull.
Putting fans into series increases maximum airflow in no way, it increases only pressure generating capability.
Same can be achieved by using high pressure design fans like Scythe Gentle Typhoon. (also pressure depends strongly on RPM)

Coolermaster ATCS840 would take triple rad to top.

Also Lian Li A70/71 based cases can all take triple rad to top, A71F would accept A7110's triple rad holed top panel but A70F wouldn't work with A7010's top panel because of power button having been moved to top. While not having anything comparable to Corsair cable management is possible in them with some effort: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18106356

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll go with the 800D after all even though the price tag is at the upper limit of my budget.

I have one question though: How quiet is the 800D when dealing with vibration? My current pump and HDD are both suspended outside my case because the vibration on them is so awfully loud when inside a case.

Will I have to bungee mod it or is the 800D absolutely quiet?

Back
Top Bottom