Quick silly question about being overdrawn

Soldato
Hello all, this might seem a stupid question, so please try not to insult me too much :p

I left the house today with the wrong bank card, the account i do have only has a few pounds in it :rolleyes: and im badly in need of fuel.

So my question is, the tesco "pay at pump" fuel station. would i be able to use this card at the pump to put me overdrawn? It wont be a problem as when i get home i can use my main account to transfer the money across. But i dont have an overdraft on the account.

The reason i ask is i know if you dont have enough money the bank and get buy something from tesco shop the bank honors it and puts you overdrawn.

Sorry for the silly question but id like to make it home tonight :p maybe i should start taking all my cards with me :p

Soldato
Well if you have no overdraft facility the bank would honor the transaction but will charge you a fee for going overdrawn when you are not entitled to go overdrawn.

I could be wrong, why not call your bank and ask them :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You usually have 24hrs to put funds back in to the overdrawn account, before it gets charged.

Soldato
Shouldnt be a prob then I would have thought :)

You could always get a cab tell him you need to go home to get your card with money, after which you will go to a cash point and pay him, then get him to take you back to your car and then use the card you have just gone and got to fill your car up and get home safe and sound ...... that said its prob more hassle than its worth lol :p

Soldato
OP
Haha yeah, not to mention a taxi would cost me about £40 :p

I supose ill just have to give it ago. Don't wanna look like a **** if it don't work tho lol

Soldato
OP
I do have online banking yeah, but i dont have any of my info or that pin-serity card ready thingy.

*edit* thats the reason i carn't put the money back till i get home

Associate
Isn't there a colleague your friendly with at the office, from whom you can borrow £20 until tomorrow to fill your car up with enough fuel to get you home and the a petrol station tomorrow morning?

Soldato
They might or they might not - depends what flags are on your account.

As a student I used to use my card at a link on wednesday knowing it wouldn't be taken from the account until friday or later by which time I'd been paid.

They got wise eventually and it stopped letting me :(

If they let you use it the amount won't come out for 2-3 days and you'll have put the money in by then (assuming you have instant transfer?) so there won't be any penalty.

Soldato
OP
I don't really get why you wouldn't take all your bank cards with you, wallets hold more than one card.

I don't take my wallet with me to work, i just picked up the card because i knew i needed petrol on the way home.

Telescopi, cheers ill just have to give it ago. And yeah i have instant transfer

Soldato
OP
Don't know realy, habbit i guess. Only things that come with me are phone and keys. I supose it also stops the temptation when hungry to not just buy something to eat (Im on a diet)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You automatically have telephone banking if you have online banking.

Also, providing you know the long 16-digit card number you can just click "forgotten PIN sentry" and use a temporary password to access the account.

EDIT: You must eat when hungry. If you don't the body goes in to starvation mode and will slow your metabolism. Then next time you eat you won't burn it off as quickly so you'll become tired and actually end up storing more fat.

Back
Top Bottom