Photoshop Newbie?

Permabanned
it makes no difference which version of ps you use if you are looking for a newbie version.

cs 4 has the 3d tools which are excellent, go to http://www.tutvid.com/ for tutorials on photoshop. great tuts as well.

i uninstalled cs 4 cause i did an update and adobe remotely disabled 3d acceleration in my cs 4 cause it is pirated version :(

so i installed gimp, been using that for a few months now. works great!

Soldato
Best to go for the most recent version of Photoshop really. No reason to go for CS2, it's several years old now, unless you can get it really cheap. Photoshop is really a commercial grade product, so if you can't afford it bear in mind the free alternatives.

I've always found it very easy and logical to use, but it is not designed for beginners.

Soldato
I want to edit photo's professionely.

Looks like you need to learn to spell professionally as well :D :)

Just give some of the above programs a go. See if they'll let you do what you want to do. It really depends on the functionality you need. Photoshop might be the industry standard, but a lot of the other free programs do 99% of the same stuff.

Just saying you want to edit photos is too broad - there are too many things a person can do that falls under that description! :)

Associate
Unless you want all the weird mathematical tools for editing images, you can save A LOT of money by getting Photoshop 'Elements'. There aren't really that many of the full version's tools missing in this, and if you've never used the full version you won't miss them anyway!

Permabanned
edit photos is a bit broad.

some software like acdsee which i use has photo editing tools, like exposure, brightness, resize, etc etc

i use acdsee pro 3 for photo editing, if it is a more advanced big job or i am taking the head off someone and putting it onto someone else etc, or doing advanced selections i will use photoshop.

get the demos and mess with them, only way to learn. just start clicking things.

Soldato
Get a demo of lightroom. I use it for about 95% of what I do.

Also if you get gimp I believe there's a plugin called gimpshop which replicates the photoshop layout, but I've never tried this.

Back
Top Bottom