Bios Rom Checksum Error?

Soldato
Im having some fun here with an old shuttle pc that was in a bit of a state. I fixed the psu which had two busted capacitors and then turned my attention to the motherboard. It works too the point it will turn on but will sit there telling me there is a "Bios rom checksum error" and wants a floppy disk. So I googled up on this and made an autoboot disk with the correct bios image on it and hit a brick wall, the bios refused to flash, it just failed to write the whole thing... so then I went further and used some extra commands for the awardflash program and got it flashed fully. But the board still wont go any further telling me there is this checksum error. I tried one last ditch attempt and that was to hot flash with a spare bios chip and that flashed perfectly but still I cannot get this board past the checksum error.

Is this board just dead or am I missinig something?

Soldato
OP
No it wont let me into anything, It just tells me there is a bios rom checksum error please insert floppy disk...

The bios chip is socketed but isnt in good shape, the previous owner dug the chip out with a screwdriver and cracked one side. I know somebody with a hot air rework station but I dont want to go too far if the board will never work.

The only thing I havent tried is a new cmos battery.

Back
Top Bottom