Titan Xenomorph

Associate
Having not bought a PC for many years, but now looking for a new gaming machine would this new system (Titan Xenomorph) from overclockers be a good choice? Is the I3 chip a reasonable gaming chip? Are the I5 and I7 chips a better pound for performance option? Would an upgrade to a 5850 from the 5770 be worthwhile? Or perhaps 2 x 5770 crossfire?

Associate
This has just been posted up by our Technical Manager...

just had a quick go of the game on our prototype

running on a 20" Dell monitor at 1680X1050 Maxed out settings at solid framerates

really is stunning that a system at this price point performs so smoothly

im still constantly amazed by clarkdale, they are really nifty little chips!

Phil

Associate
I would love to own the xenomorph, I love green LED's
Should get a windowed panel and have a green cathode in there. Then it would be perfect.
And ya, the i3s are great lil chips, easily overclocked and what else can I saw about the I series that isn't already said?
For the price, I would get it.

Soldato
Probably good enough for gaming but I think the whole i3 is a total failure and it's definitely not good for it's price.

But then hey, it's just my opinion I guess, would never buy it myself.

-------
PS. "Stylish Antec 300 Case keeping noise low while offering excellent cooling with alien green case fans. "

Did you guys actually replace the fans with some quiet low rpm ones or just added LEDs?
The antec 300 fans must be one of the most noisy ones I've ever had so if they're not swapped it's not quite/silent at all.

Associate
OP
Could I replace the XFX AvP 5770 @ £138.99 for a powercooler 5850 @ £209.98 in this system? and would the power supply be enough for the upgrade? As I would like a 5850 but not fussed about the AvP game.

Back
Top Bottom