Civilization V

Associate
screenshot_02.jpg

Associate
Hurray! I'm still playing Civ IV and have had two new builds since it's release - amazing games hopefully this sequel will continue the trend. :p

Man of Honour
Absolutely agree on the blind purchase...

There are VERY few games I would buy without any research into, but the Civ series is one series of games which has never failed to provide me with hundreds and hundreds of hours of gaming.

Soldato
Hmm some nice rendered gfx but that wont sell me on a new civ game. Has to have a solid campaign with cutscenes maybe fmv and a good story. Also i wouldnt play the game if them hex squares arnt adjustable to be dimmer as far too "im a game" atm with em being so in ur face.

Also hate oversized units in previous civ games they need to be tiny but recognizable for me to consider it as well.

Soldato
Excellent news, I was wondering what they were up to lately. Let's hope they move away from dumbing down and back to some of the brilliance of the first two titles.

Skeeter the last screenshot has the grid turned off, that's always been an option in previous games so it looks the same here.

Also those screenshots looked zoomed in quite a way.

Soldato
To me a more natural barrier would be best to show the dividing areas like gravel banks or somit that looks like a separator but looks nature. With it off looks nice but wouldnt know which way is which lol unless i got used to it.

Also squares look far too large should be 1/4th the size so we get bigger playing areas.

Soldato
I hope they won't mess this one up like many devs do after so many sequels.
I'm probably buying this on release though, even if it sucks, just to support the franchise.

Back
Top Bottom