The Official Motorola Milestone Thread

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Got my PAC over the phone today from o2, no fuss, suprised!

Gonna order this in the next few days, need to waste a few quids credit first!

Soldato
nope.

even worse is that the Chinese haven't started bloody ripping them off yet either! :(

I ordered one from this site below and emailed them on what you get they replied " Please be advised that the package contains the cable used with the cradle. If you order with us, you shall be provided with a cable and a USB wall adapter.

So as long as i get the cradle and a usb cable i will be happy with that, will let you know when it comes.

To MouseMat2004 i think you will be very happy with it its a lovely phone.

http://www.fommy.co.uk/view-full-page.asp?divid=Motorola&model=Motorola+MILESTONE&skuno=85238

Soldato
Enjoying it so far, couldnt help myself and already installed Live Wallpapers, 2.1 launcher, newer Gallary (which is awesome), Maps 4 with navigation plus some more stuff :)

It seems that the battery only decreases in 10% at a time not single percentages?

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Enjoying it so far, couldnt help myself and already installed Live Wallpapers, 2.1 launcher, newer Gallary (which is awesome), Maps 4 with navigation plus some more stuff :)

It seems that the battery only decreases in 10% at a time not single percentages?

Yeah, it only goes down in 10% levels untill you get below either 20% or 10% where it goes gown in fives... and the notification light blinks red insistently :p

I ordered one from this site below and emailed them on what you get they replied " Please be advised that the package contains the cable used with the cradle. If you order with us, you shall be provided with a cable and a USB wall adapter.

So as long as i get the cradle and a usb cable i will be happy with that, will let you know when it comes.

To MouseMat2004 i think you will be very happy with it its a lovely phone.

http://www.fommy.co.uk/view-full-page.asp?divid=Motorola&model=Motorola+MILESTONE&skuno=85238

That's not bad, a good 33% off retail but I'm waiting for the non-oem ones which are under a tenner :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Well, battery has lasted 22 hours and is now on 30% after using wireless and GPS last night... not too shabby I guess. Will defo buy the Sedio extended when it arrives though.

On another note I REALLY wish this had 512MB RAM... I am getting a bit of lag now with lots of apps installed. ALso im annoyed I can't OC the thing (due to no custom roms), as I know an extra 300mhz would really help as I am getting a bit of lag with lots of apps running. :(

We will see what the 2.1 update brings I guess. :)

Soldato
So Richdog, is this phone generally floating your boat? I have found that you seem to pretty much share my views on what makes for a good device so I'd be interested to know whether or not you think it's your ideal phone.*

*until the next shiny one comes along;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
So Richdog, is this phone generally floating your boat? I have found that you seem to pretty much share my views on what makes for a good device so I'd be interested to know whether or not you think it's your ideal phone.*

*until the next shiny one comes along;)

Read my posts in this thread for more info. :)

Associate
I've just received one of these and I'm a little underwhelmed tbh. I recently had an HD2, which I liked, but had to return due to some issues. This feels a little sluggish and laggy compared to the HD2.

I'd like this more if I could get all the bells and whistles that the Nexus One/android 2.1 have. Also, the battery life is poo. Took it off the charge at 9.30 last night and its already flat :(

Soldato
Got my dock from Fommy.co.uk today.

p1030451y.jpg

Caporegime
OP
You're going to make me do the legwork? Spoilsport!

Sorry, I am somewhat unforgiving when it comes to people not reading before asking questions. :p

I can see you're happy, but even being happy is there any feeling that you'd prefer to have waited for something on the horizon like the Desire or anything else?

Nope because they haven't got hardware keyboards. When they release the next high-end device with a keyboard then i'll be at the front of the queue... I only have a 12-month contract anyway.

Until then, i'm loving my Milestone. :D

Caporegime
Im with you Richdog. I wish phone manufacturers would realise we dont all want iPhone style devices with just a big screen. The choice for a decent phone with a hardware keyboard are very limited. The Milestone has its issues, but I still love mine!

Jabbs, is the dock worth the money?

Associate
You'll get you wish this year. Were seeing the trend to move now to touch screen QWERTY. There are stats out there that show users text less on touch screens, and there is a dissatisfaction for lots of users of touch screen devices. It just take a while to filter though. But I know for a fact we'll see more touch screen Android. However honestly for a while the Milestone will be the most powerful QWERTY/Android device.

Soldato
Ordered my Milestone today - probably the least research I've done on a phone.

Just read the review on Engadget, looked at a few videos and thought "want". Couldnt be arsed deliberating for weeks like I have done before, so glad I ordered it.

Are there any good android guides, essential apps and the like? Anything to watch out for?

Planning to update it straight out the box, assuming it wont come with 2.01 already.

Are there any good cases for these? Guessing the form factor doesnt make it easy

Soldato
Im with you Richdog. I wish phone manufacturers would realise we dont all want iPhone style devices with just a big screen. The choice for a decent phone with a hardware keyboard are very limited. The Milestone has its issues, but I still love mine!

Jabbs, is the dock worth the money?

Yeah am happy with it can charge it on there also which frees up the other usb cable for wall charging , keeps the phone from lying about as well.

Nice to be able to use it as a clock if I wish and viewing pictures or watch a film from it.

Also they say no custom roms but its already been done i loaded the one from this site and it works like a charm and the server lag has pretty much gone now with it, got it through this link below if anyone fancies it you will have to manually add your APN settings for your carrier, and do it at own risk also.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-milestone/46325-custome-rom-including-live-wallpapers.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom