• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i7 920 - 12gb Ram, P6T SE 4.00ghz??

Permabanned
Hi,

Ive heard thie following is possible but also heard its not so ill let you lovely helpful chaps let me know the truth!!

Can i get the Core i7 920 paired with the Asus P6T SE board and Patriot Viper 12GB (2x6gb kits) working at 4ghz overclocked??

Ive heard with 6gb ram its definitely doable but 12gb might not work?

VoG

VoG

Soldato
i think you'll struggle tbh, high clocks with 12gb are problematic on i7 920's. it's all down to the imc on the chip, & not all chips are created equal. add to that the fact your using a budget board as well. ide be a bit more realistic and aim for around the 3.6 ish mark.

Associate
No one has any use for 12 gb atm.

You do if you use VMware or certain graphics software ;)

I agree most people don't need 12GB+ though and when someone asks me if they should get 12GB I usually answer "If you don't know whether you need 12GB, then you definitely don't!"

Back
Top Bottom