How good is mythbusters?

Associate
Pretty entertaining huh...... I've been a bit ill the last few days and have, sadly enough, watched about 20 episodes of mythbusters and now want my own workshop like the m5 industries workshop. Would love to spend every day making models and gadgets. :D

Man of Honour
it is indeed awesome, new series starts monday. First episode being a crash special 2hours long :D
DOCUMENTARY: Mythbusters
On: Discovery (520)
Date: Monday 22nd February 2010 (starting in 3 days)
Time: 21:00 to 23:00 (2 hours long)

The Demolition Derby Special.
The team is on a mission to mash metal, and tests four automotive mayhem myths guaranteed to bend your fender.
(New Episode)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marked By: 'Favourite: Mythbusters' marker
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=158980

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

Soldato
It's good, but I wish they wouldn't show you wants about to happen 20 times before they actually do it. And they keep on reminding you what they are doing... Grrrrrrrrrr...

Soldato
It's good, but I wish they wouldn't show you wants about to happen 20 times before they actually do it. And they keep on reminding you what they are doing... Grrrrrrrrrr...

The American version is even worse than the british. They show you what happens, while narrating over the top saying something like "wonder what is going to happen?" It's quite clearly going to explode like you've just shown me 5 times over :mad:

Soldato
Is there a UK version then? I've only seen the US show.

The dark haired girl in the US version is quite nice IMO. She looks like she has a real saucy streak to her and would play with Lego after sex - uber cool :)

Man of Honour
I've never seen Mythbusters but I know I'd love it.
When I was a lad I used to collect lots of books revolved around myths and I still quote from them now to the amazement of my female work colleagues.
I'm going have to make an effort BUT it will then be another programme to watch in an already busy TV schedule.

Soldato
The American version is even worse than the british. They show you what happens, while narrating over the top saying something like "wonder what is going to happen?" It's quite clearly going to explode like you've just shown me 5 times over :mad:

I've only seen the US version. Is the UK one a different setup? Or just a differnt narrator and no cut scenes? The early episodes were no where near as bad as the later seasons.

Soldato
I really like it, but I don't like the production style. It's obviously designed for gum-chewing americans and that makes it a little overpowering sometimes.

Soldato
I've only seen the US version. Is the UK one a different setup? Or just a differnt narrator and no cut scenes? The early episodes were no where near as bad as the later seasons.

By UK version, i mean the one you're used to watching.

The US version is the same show, but the layout is slightly different and the narrator is annoying as HELL!

Back
Top Bottom