Calories from frying - neglible?

Man of Honour
Hi there - I don't visit these strange lands too often :D

I'm currently cutting and I'm aiming to lose slightly less than 2 pounds a week. I'm exercising 6/7 days a week for 1/2 an hour of cardio and I'm trying to maintain ~2300 calories a day using the website daily burn to help me count them.

However, I haven't been adding to my calorie count the oil or butter that I have been using to fry foods in a frying pan. My house mate, who is pretty well built, claims that this is negligible to my calorie totals, but it's always nice to have second opinions (don't hurt me Scott :p).

I'm tending to use olive oil or butter, or a combo of the two for chicken.

I don't want to overshoot my calorie targets considerably - what do you lot think?

Soldato
2 teaspoons of olive oil is about 86 kcals so it all soon adds up. It's about 100 kcals per teaspoon of butter too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not saying its a good rule, but if Im bulking I say stuff like that, sauce etc. is negligable, but perhaps if you are cutting, then just assume it all counts.

dun

dun

Soldato
How much stuff are you frying while cutting? If you need to use oil just use a tiny amount and wipe it round with a piece of kitchen role, a couple of drops should do the whole pan.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
What do you fry?

Eggs > microwave
Chicken/Meat > george foreman

Don't need oil for that ^

Nothing wrong with some oil though, flax seed oil...walnut oil..olive oil etc..good fats in them :)

Associate
Heard of 1 cal spray, as it says one spray one cal

product-5246989.jpg

PAz

PAz

Soldato
You say that... But I lived with a guy at uni who cleaned his pan and george foreman maybe once every 5/6 weeks.

Man it was disgusting

Back
Top Bottom