Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved?

Soldato
Love is a lie and being happy with someone is also a lie.;)

You chose someone who you can bare to be with who doesnt annoy you that much because we are all told from a young age that you should be with someone. If you dont beleive me ask anyone whether thier partner is a pain in the ass and see what they say ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Not recent no, and who hasn't had heartache? Even whilst being happy in a relationship I still think there are things that outweigh the benefits.
I'd find that a difficult situation personally - in a relationship you say is happy, yet hankering after no strings sex? I might have read that wrong.

Yes, heartache. It happens - but it hurts SO much because we want the companionship SO much. If it wasn't so important we wouldn't get so upset when it went wrong...

Caporegime
I'd find that a difficult situation personally - in a relationship you say is happy, yet hankering after no strings sex? I might have read that wrong.

You're a girl, you don't understand. Men think about sex with many people other that their 'beloved' hundreds of times a week (day in some cases), make no mistake.

Soldato
Those who like love = Yes.
Those who don't like it and everything that modern soceity seem to follow with it = No.
Those who never learn, fall in love with the next person that goes out with them = Yes, no I LOVE YOU, I HATE LIFE.

Pick one of the three and if you can, be happy you know what you want.

I've never been in Love, I knew my partners thought it was.
Also seen other people think they are, to only a few months later...have it end and not care.

I think the word is thrown around too much, but I should mention that everyone's opinion on love is different.

Last edited:
Soldato
Love is a lie and being happy with someone is also a lie.;)

You chose someone who you can bare to be with who doesnt annoy you that much because we are all told from a young age that you should be with someone. If you dont beleive me ask anyone whether thier partner is a pain in the ass and see what they say ;)

I enjoy my time with my girlfriend a lot more than I enjoy time with any other human being, including my best friends. She is annoying, but rarely.

In other words I pretty much disagree with you on everything!

Soldato
You're a girl, you don't understand. Men think about sex with many people other that their 'beloved' hundreds of times a week (day in some cases), make no mistake.

Thinking is different from actively wanting, though. Us women think of many sordid things too, yaknow..!

Myeah, we're all different - I think you miss out if it doesn't happen to you once in life - and you know it when it hits you.

Soldato
I enjoy my time with my girlfriend a lot more than I enjoy time with any other human being, including my best friends. She is annoying, but rarely.

In other words I pretty much disagree with you on everything!

Yet sometimes, read sometimes as this is a very important part of what I'm about to say next.

There have been so many cases of a person who just like you have said the same thing. You know what happens?

They split up, they were never really in love, they mistook the lust for the other person as love, turn into a bitter opposite sex hating person until the next one comes along.

Most people learn and understand their mistaken views, some people let it happen time after time without reading into warning signs.
Sometimes, remember that word? It can work.

It's understandable you disagree with him, it's your opinion from your life experiences, but don't let that elude you into thinking he isn't right, sometimes.

Soldato
Yet sometimes, read sometimes as this is a very important part of what I'm about to say next.

There have been so many cases of a person who just like you have said the same thing. You know what happens?

They split up, they were never really in love, they mistook the lust for the other person as love, turn into a bitter opposite sex hating person until the next one comes along.

Most people learn and understand their mistaken views, some people let it happen time after time without reading into warning signs.
Sometimes, remember that word? It can work.

It's understandable you disagree with him, it's your opinion from your life experiences, but don't let that elude you into thinking he isn't right, sometimes.

Well, I've been with her over 4 years so let's hope that this hasn't been a huge mistake then.

Soldato
Those who like love = Yes.
Those who don't like it and everything that modern soceity seem to follow with it = No.
Those who never learn, fall in love with the next person that goes out with them = Yes, no I LOVE YOU, I HATE LIFE.

Pick one of the three and if you can, be happy you know what you want.

I've never been in Love, I knew my partners thought it was.
Also seen other people think they are, to only a few months later...have it end and not care.

I think the word is thrown around too much, but I should mention that everyone's opinion on love is different.

Totally agree with this post. I don't think 'it' even exists.

Soldato
Love is incredibly subjective...

Call it delusion, call it chemical, call it a socially-engineered thing - if it hits you, and you go for it, it can be wonderful. If it doesn't - well - no worries, keep the cynicism, maybe it'll help you feel less lonely.

I was very scared to let myself fall into it with my now boyfriend, because of the upsets and disappointments of the past. I had been single for at least 2 years (and had enjoyed it), but had started to feel lonely despite getting myself out and being really busy all the time...

Meh. I'm so glad I got over the fear though. I want to keep this one.

Caporegime

Yes, heartache. It happens - but it hurts SO much because we want the companionship SO much. If it wasn't so important we wouldn't get so upset when it went wrong...
No you've read it wrong, I myself am not particularly hankering after 'no-strings' sex.

Am simply saying that there are some things that may not be worth the compromise of being in love.

Soldato
“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”

cant disagree with a word you said, and also have to say if you are properly in love you dont give a flying **** about any of those things.

Permabanned
I think I was in love once , I don't remember her name. She was Brazilian, or Chinese, or something weird. I met her in the bathroom of a ASDA and we made out for hours. Then we parted ways, never to see each other again.

Associate
I thought i had loved for 3 n a half years at uni, but came to the time when we both left that it wasnt really true love, just loved the person, not in love i'll do anything for you kind of love. Tho has taught me a ***& load so the next nice girl i find i'll be able to better tell if shes the one!

AMG

AMG

Soldato
yes

but I was not destroyed when I split up with my first GF :confused: oh yeah cos it was for the best due to rumors

I was with my second through, thinking she wouldn't do such a thing....if they say honest don't go with them, some things you really gotta say somethings one wants to keep their trap shut about....:mad: considering I was trying to protect her from the savages of society

Soldato
Yes it's worth it.
Not so nice when it all crashes round your ears though.
I think I can safely say I've been in love twice, all the others were just good sex (or not! :o )
One woman left me, I didn't realise I was in love with her until she left, then it was too late, no matter how much grovelling I did, she'd already found her porridge stirrer somewhere else :o.
One woman who I left, to "save face" (a close group of friends on both sides and family on hers would have been destroyed over it. To her it looked like I didn't care and that I "threw her to the wolves" so to speak. She never forgave me for that and we've hardly ever spoken since.. That relationship was probably the best I ever had too. I still think about it to this day some five years on..
Never been "close" to anyone since. :(

Hmm, too much info mebe. :/

Back
Top Bottom