• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is eyefinity any good for multiplayer games?

Soldato
I'm wondering if you can use eyefinity in games like TF2, CS etc where in theory having a field of view angle of say 180 degrees gives you a massive benefit over someone with a FOV of 90.

I'm guessing most multiplayer games would cap the FOV as this is bordering on cheating?

Soldato
Have a read of this: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/02/11/dont_buy_global_agenda_editorial
This game blocks displays with wide aspect since it gives you an unfair advantage. A sign of things to come?

Lol what a joke... I'll cross that off my "to buy" list.

If a person has the ability to scan and utilize 3 screens then that is a testament to their skill and shouldn't be held against them.

I just got my setup running last night and I can say that it is an awesome experience but it requires a bit of getting used to, in order to take advantage of the extra FOV you've got to be so much more alert.

Man of Honour
MW2 locks FOV to 60 *spit* which is a joke - I upped it in COD4 to 80 or 85 or whatever and thats still not great but enough. I use 110 in everything I can.

Soldato
I played BF2 in triplescreen greatness but it didnt really help me be any better - too much screen=distraction, and the speed of the game meant that when I saw something out of the corner of my eye (which this effectively is what you get) I was dead before I could do anything about it!

The only time I see it could help is if I saw him (but would have missed it without the widescreen) but he didnt see me - that is very rare!

Soldato
I just got my setup running last night and I can say that it is an awesome experience but it requires a bit of getting used to, in order to take advantage of the extra FOV you've got to be so much more alert.

couldn't agree more - it's a real shock to get used to, but when you do it's epic!

i tried running 1 monitor last night... felt sooo restricted!

Back
Top Bottom