keyboard warriors unite against steam hackers

Associate
some ****** stole my 10 year olds steam account with a steam lookalike link and being 10 he fell for it
is there any way of stopping him,i have web address he used to host page,his steam name and he is an admin on a CSS server or the account belonging to him
is
any help or devious ways of making him pay would be greatly appreciated

thanks
dave
:(:(:(:(

Last edited:
Soldato
contact steam, make sure you have receipts/product codes for your son's games and you might be able to rescue the account before the person can do too much damage. Also you can report the person and the fake URL at the same time..

Good luck mate, hope you get the account back ok :(

Associate
OP
wasnt from his friends list ,it sounds like he pasted a link in the chat facility for my young un to click on
cheeky barsteward even sent me the message through friends
steam contacted awaiting reply so I can supply proof
thinking about it my credit card is on that account,my email .......
bit scarey that
revenge would be sweet ,how do I crash a CSS server

lol
Dave
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Soldato
Email steam about changing his password back, include a picture of a CD-key on the back of a booklet of a game (MW2 for example) which he has on his steam account and with the account name written on a bit of paper next to it.

Caporegime
some ****** stole my 10 year olds steam account with a steam lookalike link and being 10 he fell for it
is there any way of stopping him,i have web address he used to host page,his steam name and he is an admin on a CSS server or the account belonging to him
is
any help or devoius ways of making him pay would be greatly appreciated

thanks
dave
:(:(:(:(

on his steam page there is a link in the top right saying report this user.

click that then once you've sent the report it is very very important you follow the instructions on the screen following :)

Also don;t forget to quickly get a support ticket into steam to get the account back for your son :)

Also verify your steam account with your email address there is a link the settings option this means that if something like this happens again the phisher cannot change the password on your steam account adn you can simply change the PW and he can't do anything about it:)

Caporegime
rd is on that account,my email .......
bit scarey that
revenge would be sweet ,how do I crash a CSS server

lol
Dave
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

odds are it's not his account they spam these links out (through grop chats mainly) then everyone who falls for it's account is used to send the link out to all their friends that's why so many people fall for them because it comes form someone they know.

In future remind him that whenever you click a link in a steam chat window that is not to steams secure pages. it will pop up saying

"this is not a steam site and may be a phishing attempt so NOT enter your details"

Caporegime
Not sure if I can post the link here, don't see why not.

Hope this works for you. Alternatively, find where the person lives and egg their house?

Best of luck in this.

great.

post a link to a site full of hacks for steam games and people selling accounts stolen in just the way the ops child lost theirs :rolleyes:

Soldato
Ah well, hopefully you'll get it back soon and there won't be any problems.

Just sit him down and have a father son talk about sex... i mean internet security (is that really what its come to these days :D)

Soldato
Ban your son from the Internets for a week too. If you let them run amok by themselves you should teach them to NEEEEVVEERRRR give their password to anyone. Not a soul. Not even if ninjas threaten to chop of your head. Never!

Back
Top Bottom