how does wikipedia work?

Soldato
OP
now that is strange. i only looked her up cos she is on 9 out of 10 cats right now and that first paragraph was calling her an old slapper! someone's obviously edited it within minutes i can only assume?

Associate
Theyve got some pretty quick wiki mods/admins on there.

I was rather drunk one night and got annoyed that in a page about some element of proper classical architecture there was a huge section (bigger than the rest of the whole article) about prime examples of it and they were all random American buildings, so in an angry disgust I deleted the whole section...by the next morning someone had replaced it all.

Soldato
Theyve got some pretty quick wiki mods/admins on there.

I was rather drunk one night and got annoyed that in a page about some element of proper classical architecture there was a huge section (bigger than the rest of the whole article) about prime examples of it and they were all random American buildings, so in an angry disgust I deleted the whole section...by the next morning someone had replaced it all.

you dont need to be a mod/admin to revert/undo an edit.

Soldato
Its pretty easy to roll it back. And as reflux said, some pages are locked and can't be edited, if you need to add something new you'd have to request it in the discussion page.

Soldato
Quite a few pages are locked for various reasons.

You can also watch pages and get informed if someone makes an edit. Hence why any changes you make tend to be quickly pounced on by the hard core wiki users/contributers/mods if they are malicious or just plain wrong

Soldato
Anyone remember this? lol

B3N said:
So yeah, i've just been sent home from school until further notice. About two weeks ago me and my friend wrote on our school's wiki page stating that our old headteacher was married to Mandingo :\ That obviously was deleted by the wiki admins and it was left at that.

Until two days ago someone "rockandrollstar" (wiki username) wrote a lot of degrading stuff about our school (Ysgol John Bright) search on wiki and look at history to read it. So some how my school found out about this and then looked through the history and saw what my friend's account wrote about the old headteacher and decided to exclude him for five days for it (Wtf its not even their website). Last night I thought I'd wind my friend up by writing about our sixth form on the school's wiki page detailed how me and him "run the place" and that he got excluded for the most unfounded reason in history. We both believe that the school's current headmaster is extremely offended by what was wrote about him and is deciding to take it out on us. I also changed the school's page name from Ysgol to xxxx school because I thought it would attract more hits as Ysgol is a Welsh word and hardly anyone speaks it anymore.

So apparantly my comment about me and my friend "running the place" was degrading to the school's reputation ??? And so was changing the word Ysgol to School. I must add, I deleted the paragraph of what I wrote about 10 minutes after I did as I was only winding my friend up.

So for some stupid reason my school has sent me home and I must remain home until further notice... Wtf is that about. I'm in the middle of my A-level modular exams, I'm starting new modules in all my subjects, I don't need this **** that they are giving me for no reason!!!

</rant>

Back
Top Bottom