Good Strat Games?

Soldato
Any good stratergy games around at the mo?

Played through all the command and conquers, Rise of Nations: RoL but I am struggling to find another similar game like these to play.

Any advice?

Soldato
Dawn of War / Company of Heroes / Supreme Commander + their respective expansions are a good shout for good RTS fun, Dawn of War 2 or World in Conflict are also good fun but don't have base building if you're fan of that. Sins of a Solar Empire is probably pushing the fringes of it being a 4x/RTS hybrid but has a hell of a lot of depth and hours of fun to be had at a time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Totl war series? MTW2 is my favourite. Turn based until you go into battle, then all hell breaks loose. Great fun.

Spektor has covered the ones I'd suggest, Supreme commander.

Soldato
+1 for supreme commander..The epic scale is fantastic, and it takes after it's bigger brother Total Annihilation very nicely :)

(If you like C&C, how about Dune 2/2000? :D)

Permabanned
since supreme commander 2 is out next month, you could get some practise in on the original and forged alliance, theyre both to be had in a "gold" pack very cheaply now.

Soldato
Was going to suggest Homeworld series, for some space ballet.
Homeworld (1999)
Homeworld: Cataclysm (2000)
Homeworld 2 (2003)

The games follow story based mission line, and you carry across resources and ships to the next, with exception to plot surprises. So better than starting from scatch each mission.

All the games are years old now, but spaces visuals not aged badly.

Back
Top Bottom