• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do I need a HDMI Native graphics card?

Soldato
Hi, i've just got a 32" Toshiba 1080P LCD TV and I tried using VGA to get 1080P - no luck. I just tried a HDMI Cable with a DVI to HDMI adapter and it works but the picture is oversampled and I only see the middle part of the screen, do I need to change my graphics card to one with a native HDMI output rather than a graphics card with a DVI output and a adapter?

Soldato
If it's an ATI card you have(not sure about nvidia) the scaling options in CCC are in the desktops & displays tab,click your screen(bottom left) configure> scaling option is there Slide the bar to 0% or use gfx card scaling to fit screen

That will fix the problem. I also have a Tosh 32" 1080p & it had me stumped at first as well.I also use DVI to HDMI

Rob

Soldato
OP
Hey I sorted it out - the Toshiba upscaled the picture as standard? :S But I set it to 1:1 pixels, looks stunning great tv very sharp.

Soldato
Yeah with my toshiba I have to put it on game mode because then it automatically puts on the 1:1 pixel mapping. Then i set the ati settings to 0% and ive never had an issue since.

Back
Top Bottom