Windows 7

Soldato

and you still get it in the wrong section :)

I think when installing it may give you the option of installing Home premium and using your code, worth a try.

Soldato
You could download the last beta version which was essentially the "gold" edition of the W7 disk, I did that whilst waiting on my disks being posted to me and simply activated it with my code once it arrived, didn't have to reinstall etc.

I got it off Torrent, not the most reliable method but I haven't had any problem and neither have MS as it's fully activated and legit. Quite a few OCUKers did something similar, getting the last beta and hoping their legit copies came before they expired :)

J.B

J.B

Soldato
I thought this would work. Youd put the ultimate CD in and when you put in your product key it will install the appropriate version.

My logic behind this is that if you dont put in a product key it lets you select which version to install and you have to confirm this is the one you have purchased and enter a product key at a later date.

Soldato
I haven't heard about MS ditching the one disc method. Any sauce for that?

Windows 7 takes no time at all to install, so there is no harm in trying with your friends disc. If it is a Retail disc you shouldn't have an issue.

Soldato
where from though? i have newsgroups but.... i want a legit copy

It's the license you pay for, not the physical media.

So you could download a ISO online and put in your legitimately purchased license key and be fine legally. However, this would rely on you finding a ISO that's literally just the disc, no viruses/cracks etc.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
If during the install you can only select the ultimate edition then you just need to remove ei.cfg from the CD (Google it) and you can choose any edition you like; your product key still needs to be valid for that edition though.

edit: or see the above link :p.

Soldato
OP
Right guys,

Need some help.

Ive just got the copy of Windows 7 Home Premium. But i want to setup my system in Raid 0.

I have 1 SSD for my Operating System, however i have 2 x 2TB Samsungs. I want to Raid0 these and have 4 TB in total. However my mother board isnt letting me and my harddrives dont pop up once im into windows.

I have formatted them and one of the hard drives has had 100mb stolen from it for a partition i can't remove nor can i format?!?!?!

MY mother board is the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R with i7 OC'd by Overclockers to 4.0ghz.

Can anyone help me get these harddrives into Raid 0 please and help them show properly in windows 7?

MY Harddrives are plugged into Master & Slave Ports 5 if thats a problem?

Its just these two are the Sata 3.0

Back
Top Bottom