Bioshock

Associate
No idea what i was doing when the original came out but it somehow managed to pass me by.

With the release of Bioshock2 i noticed what great reviews this got. Is it worth getting now, or will it look/ play dated?

cheers,

Associate
It takes some getting use to. The controls are all weird and the combat system is a bit strange. Also- you will die a lot. You may also accidently hit quickload instead of quicksave like me and then not play it agin for 3 days in frustration.

Associate
Don't think about it! just buy it.
A great game, remember to pick up and listen to all the recordings you can find. The story is great, especially for the first one. Not so great in bioshock 2 but still pretty good.

Associate
The mouse look is horrible, jerky and the game is very style over substance, all garnish and no dinner, not much game behind the glossy façade.
Very overrated in my opinion, bioshock 2, unfortunately, is just more of the same. Still, I'm too late, you've bought it now :D Seems I'm in the minority though, everyone and their granny seemed to go for it.

Associate
OP
Well, just got past the first bit and i must be honest, I was ****ting myself the whole time! :eek: :p

Gameplay, graphics ad story seem really good so far. Pleased with my purchase :)

Have to agree though with the clippa's comment on the mouse, it does seem a little jerky but i'll get over it.

Soldato
Must admit that Bioshock 1 passed me by until recently. Played it all the way through and absolutely loved it!

I've got 2 but must say that it hasn't gripped me quite as much as the 1st one, although the dual wield is definitely an improvement. Busy playing Mass Effect 2 at the moment, I'll go back to Bioshock 2 when I'm a bit less immersed in ME2! :)

Soldato
I'm not buying a few games atm, have too many to play, but when i first played the Bioshock demo from Steam, i thought the game was crap, then came the deal on Steam over the Christmas Holiday and i thought 'why the hell not?' and i loved it.

Back
Top Bottom