New Pc Builder Mt 1st one Problems

Associate
Hi All

Having a very big problem just assembled my 1st pc ever!!!!!

the computer starts up no problems nice and quite but no bios screen ,no signal, no nothink quite confused to as why ,

heres what i have as specs and what ive done to rectify the problem

processor : intel core i5 750 qaud core 2.66ghz

mobo : gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 INTELL P55

ram : xms3 x2 2gb ddr3

PSU : OCZ stealthx stream 700w

hdd spinpoint f3 500gb sata 2

optical drive :sony ad-7240s

gfx xfx 9800gt

heres what ive done :

assembled and re-assembled the full lot

removed and replaced ram in all different dim slots

checked graphics card placed in other pc which is e4500 duel core nps at all

disconnect hdd tried to run it then still nothink

ANY IDEAS

REGARDS BoB

Soldato
Try booting with just one stick of RAM installed. Also have you made sure the CPU power connector is installed? If it's not posting then I suspect the issue is either power or memory. Your other PC is running an E4500? That's a great chip by the way :) Old but good. Anyway....

Associate
i was going to say check that you've hooked up the 6 pin PCI-e connector but if u've tried the card in another pc im assuming you've remembered this...

got another monitor or tv to try?
any beep codes on startup?

edit- as above check the cpu connector i've forgotten that 1 before too!

Associate
Random I know but you did you stand offs right? They are the brass coloured 'legs' that go between the mobo and the mobo tray on in the case. Have you tried reseting the cmos? To do that you just remove the 'watch style' battery for a minute or so.

Last edited:
Associate
Is the pc powering up? or just the PSU?

Are there any leds on the mb that you can see powering on does the dvd drive open close?

CPU fan / grfx fan start up or other case fans?

Associate
OP
the gfx is in the correct slot yes ive taken the battery out and placed back in and the brass stand offs on correctly,

on the mobo it does power up and the led lights are on display work fine , all fans work and power up fine no loss of power at all

RJC

RJC

Don
Can you test any parts on another pc.

ie, PSU and GPU.

Can you confirm the 8 pin for cpu power is connected as well as the 24 pin ATX connector :)

Associate
have you tried running the graphics from the motherboard only and taken the grfx card out?

His mobo doesn't have onboard graphics.

This might sound silly but have you tried plugging the monitor cable in after turning it on? (I had something a bit like this happen on my cousin's PC)

Last edited:
Associate
Does your case have a speaker btw? Starting to look like if you have one it would be nice to know what kind of post beeps you are getting.

Back
Top Bottom