• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

aftermarket 4890 cooler (crossfire)

Associate
Hi guys, I run asus eah4890s in crossfire but one of my fans is started to fail causing a very annoying vibration (so much so I have had to take it out). I have confirmed it's the fan and not the case etc.

I had a search on the forum but no one in the same predicament as me. Well not in the searches i did.

I bought some Akasa AK-VC03's for both of my cards but they are so cheap and nasty. Also there is no cooling for the FET chips and one came with missing screws...

Anyway after that flop I want to buy something a little better that should last longer and not look like a drinks bottle. ;)

Could anyone reccomend me a aftermarket cooler for my 4890s that won't be too thick to still allow me to run them in crossfire?

I can see the Akasa AK-VC05 being too thick (5.5cm) and the others are not compatible.

Cheers in advance.

Associate
Depending on your case and moding skills Arctic Cooling Accelero S1's are probably the best you can get for the money.

You will need to fidget with the VRM sinks though and have a fan nicely placed to blow over them.

Associate
OP
Thanks demonfatality for posting random coolers but I doubt they will fit in crossfire mode. Also the first one would also need fans blowing onto them.

Colossus thanks for the heads up, the s1's could be an option but they seem very thick and I would have to mod a fan to the side of the card. I might have to look into buying a larger mobo and case.

Is there a standard spacing for crossfire pci-e slots on mobos? or are some wide apart?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom