BECOME AN OFFICIAL OcUK REVIEWER & WIN SAPPHIRE HD 5970, 5870, 5850 & 5770 GFX CARDS

Associate
Will we be judged on what component we choose to review? I would love to review the latest hardware however mines a little old, Im hoping they will only be looking for the way you review and the skill involved, instead of the actual product reviewed.. anyone got any idea on this?

Associate
It'll all be based on how you write your review, not how new and flash your hardware is, after all they're looking for good writers not the biggest wallets :p As long as your hardware is still on sale according to what's been said in this thread.

I'll be entering for sure, built a new PC just after Christmas and I knew there was a reason for keeping all the packaging! If I manage to get a reviewer position I'll finally have an excuse to finally buy that DSLR I've been coveting.

Soldato
It'll all be based on how you write your review, not how new and flash your hardware is, after all they're looking for good writers not the biggest wallets :p As long as your hardware is still on sale according to what's been said in this thread.

Spot on. Obviously reviewing a Pentium 4 now wouldn't do your case much good but if you can write a good review then you're in the right direction.

Associate
Any chance of a list of received reviews so we can all be sure they have got there?

You'll be lucky :p, with a view count of 11,000+ I would assume the list would reach from London to Paris by about now lol Then again I could be wrong.

Still waiting on getting a replacement camera (should be arriving by Monday), when it eventually arrives I will be finishing off my own review :).

Doing both a written and a video review - always been my dream to be a hardware reviewer, determined to get this :).

Last edited:
Associate
Would sending a URL be OK as I have a website/blog which allows me to add really nice formatting.

I've reviewed an HD 5770 and have placed an order for an Intel X25-V 40GB which I will review. I also ordered 4GB DDR2 Crucial Ballistix but since it's DDR2 it's old, therefore I shall not review it.

Thanks,

- Ben

Associate
Would sending a URL be OK as I have a website/blog which allows me to add really nice formatting.

I've reviewed an HD 5770 and have placed an order for an Intel X25-V 40GB which I will review. I also ordered 4GB DDR2 Crucial Ballistix but since it's DDR2 it's old, therefore I shall not review it.

Thanks,

- Ben

Being that the whole idea of a "forum reviewer" is that you review hardware on THIS forum, so I would guess the answer to that is no.

You also want text formatting to be something that can be accessed by anyone and everyone across the web.

Plus, you aren't going to be judged by what font you are using, but by the contents of your review. At the end of the day OCUK will be telling you how to format your review.

Associate
One small question. If I write a review, send it, get accepted and awarded the prize do I have to agree to the contract and become a reviewer.

If I keep the reward that is.

I'm actually considering this and keeping the "job" if I win. Funny how an hour before you're thinking you should write an essay once and a while to keep your English up to scratch then- BAM! You run into a contest such as this.

Edit:
Just looking over the reviewer's guide and it's basically everything I've been taught in my last year of school. *scratches his chin suspiciously*

Last edited:
Soldato
can we do a video review on youtube if we give you the link and our details?

We need entries in writing. Video can aid a written review but the core of it needs to be done in your favourite writing software.:)

Can I review my ATI 4850 because I don't have much new computer things?
Could I review my creative Inspire T7900 speakers?

4850 is just about current so yes. T7900 is an EOL part.

No. Please put your review into the specified format and e-mail it in document form as per the review guide. It's not how pretty the review is that counts.

Associate

Thanks,

- Ben

Just because it is DDR2 does not mean it is too old to review. It is not EOL or discontinued so it is fine to review. So basically if you can buy it from the company and a retailer, its fine!

Associate
The only problem with being outside the UK is shipping complications for review hardware. At this stage, the competition is open to all, but the judges may feel that it is important to be based in the UK.

Does that mean the competition is open for non-UK residents, but we've got no chance of winning? :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom