Best 'fun' car?

Permabanned
Hey my brother is quite a fan of small should I say '90s hot' cars, he is wanting a car to have a bit of fun in one and for use during the weekends and evening just to have a nice drive round the amazing North Yorkshire roads.

Anyway he has a company car so cannot 'hoon' around in this so has a MAX of £3k to spend, I have suggested a mint 306 Rallye.

What would you guys do? Possible sick of these type threads so sorry in advance :)

Link to said car, http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1319786.htm

Associate
Is he firmly in the 90's when it comes to his love of small hot hatches? GTI-6 is hard to beat but you could always go smaller and hunt down a nice Clio Williams, preferably a 1 but a 2 or 3 will suffice. I think it was Auto Express that recently gave it the title of best hot hatch ever and Evo placed it in the top 5 best FWD cars afew years back. I think I still have the magazine somwhere.

Permabanned
OP
Well I suppose it doesn’t have to be in the 90s but that’s his preference, I think something like a 205GTi is a bit too old and hardcore, maybe a GTi6 is looking the best bet? He doesn’t like the Clio as he associates them with women drivers! :D And the 172 looks like any other Clio.

Soldato
Golf GTI, 1.8T with a remap and a set of coilovers.

Personally I'd just hoon the company car though, definitely wouldn't buy a french car but thats just me, I hate mainstream french cars.

Back
Top Bottom