My Lian Li V351b

Soldato
Here is my (imo) gorgeous Lian Li Micro ATX Case:

Core i5 750, 4GB DDR3, 500GB, HD5850 OC'd, Gigabyte UD2.

Was a pain in the arse to put together purely because of the scythe mini ninja I put inside but it's nice and quiet, runs like a dream and has played any game I have thrown at it so far so I'm happy =]

1609cmh.jpg

140gshs.jpg

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
I will get some for you. It's rather cramped and cable management is literally a nightmare.

***EDIT***

Here are the inside pics I promised. Sorry about the blurry last pic, my camera is not the best.

1pgdwx.jpg

dpecci.jpg

9hqrs5.jpg

Cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice one.

Did you have to change the front fans to fit the gfx in? Some people have swapped them for slimmer ones. There's a yate loon slimline fan available that's reasonably priced.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I had to put the cooler in after, which really was a pain. I had to do it that way round because the remoable motherboard tray wouldn't come out with it on lol.

Soldato
Yeah, that seems to be a common problem with those and large coolers. Looks good though, and when you're feeling more up for it, there's probably some more you could do with the cables and maybe some longer ones and cable ties.

Soldato
OP
It was incredibly difficult, i'll say that lol. And yeah, i'm sure if I set my mind to it I could find better ways of routing the cables, but there is so little room instead because of the full size psu, heatsink and gpu that I don't think I can be bothered lol.

Associate
gah ive just posted a build im goin to do in the SSF section, didnt realise you posted it in here matey, should have checked before. Cant wait to build mine like that. I know its a daft qustion but how much noise does it give off? i was just wonderin about the CPU giving off the heat and makin the PSU run abit faster?

Very nice build man, well done :D

Soldato
An absolutely gorgeous case - just another addition to the possible cases for my new upcoming sff/htpc build. :( Damn you :p

Seems a bit overpowered though for such a small dainty case. ;)

Soldato
OP
Be interesting to see what temps your northbridge, CPU and GPU are all hitting at full load.
At idle all the cores are at around 30 degrees. When under load from Prime95 for 20 minutes they don't go above 56 degrees. Although Core#0 is 56 and Core#4 is 51. Is it normal for them to be this far apart?

GPU Goes up to 78 degrees because of the small clock. Before never above 68.

Looks nice but it reminded me of this.
Haha, yeah, it does a bit.

Nice setup
Thanks dude.

nice little setup how many times did you swear when putting it all in i know i swore at mine quite a bit
I swore quite a bit, especially when trying to get the fan back on after I took it off to send my RAM to OCUK for testing.

gah ive just posted a build im goin to do in the SSF section, didnt realise you posted it in here matey, should have checked before. Cant wait to build mine like that. I know its a daft qustion but how much noise does it give off? i was just wonderin about the CPU giving off the heat and makin the PSU run abit faster?

Very nice build man, well done
Thanks man. It is suprisingly quiet even with all the fans. I think it is down to the rubber mountings for everything. I love it.

An absolutely gorgeous case - just another addition to the possible cases for my new upcoming sff/htpc build. Damn you

Seems a bit overpowered though for such a small dainty case.
Haha yeah. It is a little I guess. It was originally gonna have a low end ATi card in it and used as a HTPC. Then the next thing I know i've pre-ordered a 5850 for it =P

Cheers guys.

Back
Top Bottom