Anyone still use Yahoo?

Soldato
What I mean is, I think there homepage is one if not the best going.

I have a yahoo email address, which to be honest I don't use. Only for editing preferences like weather and news widgets on their homepage.

I just think the layout is good, the features (widgets etc), the ease of use, the football pages (like live text commentary etc..)

I know a lot have their ISP's homepage like Virgin or Sky, and a lot just have Google as a homepage, but since they are no longer linked to a specific ISP (used to be linked with BT?) they still maintain a very featured website.

Anyone agree?

Man of Honour
I use Yahoo messenger for IM as it's a lot better than the piece of crap that MSN messenger has become.
Yahoo always used to be my favourite homepage although I've went the route of millions and switched to Google.

Soldato
They recently went through a big re-branding attempt recently, spent a fortune trying to claw back users.
Hasn't worked for me though, that site offers nothing special that I can't get from a small number of better websites.

I have Google as my homepage, but bbc.co.uk is pretty much always open.

Soldato
OP
I use Yahoo messenger for IM as it's a lot better than the piece of crap that MSN messenger has become.
Yahoo always used to be my favourite homepage although I've went the route of millions and switched to Google.

To be very honest, I have too! but at the same time I have it as my fav. bookmark which I visit all the time.

In my favourites bar I have Yahoo, Google, Google Maps, Wikipedia and Youtube. Then everything else in several folders.

Nine times out of ten I'll have a tab open constantly with Yahoo.

Soldato
I use Yahoo as my Home Page, in "Compact View" option (makes it simpler to use I think) and Yahoo Mail for frivolous things...

Associate
I've been using Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger for 11 years now. Never had any issues. The only thing I want from them is reliability and decent spam filtering, both of which I get. They don't even force you to use the nasty new AJAX interface. I also use MSN Messenger and that goes down every few months...

Associate
Last time i used Yahoo was a couple years back when they launched "yahoo live" web cam broadcasting beta thingy, they pulled it as it wasn't being used the way they intended, had much lols that summer on there!

Associate
never use yahoo as a search or home page, still have 2 yahoo email addresses which i clear the spam from, pretty handy to keep in case i need to give email adys and not wanting to give my main one

Back
Top Bottom