First Car

Soldato
Hi all! I am thinking of purchasing my first car since I can: I have had my licence for a year or so now and have a bit of money. A friend of the family is selling her Ford Fiesta for £3600 and I am seriously considering taking her up on it.

It is a 1.4 petrol 04 plate Ghia model with only 25k on the clock, which seems pretty good. I have looked on Autotrader and the all the similarly priced Fiestas are 1.25 Zetec with slightly more mileage. I am not only looking at Fiestas but was just comparing them to the one I have been offered.

My question to you guys is, well two questions are, firstly does it sound like a good deal to you guys? Secondly is there another car in that price range worth looking out for?

Cheers,
Alec

Soldato
OP
Always nice to buy from family though because you will always know the history of the car.

OP that sounds like a great first car for you ;)

I am unsure how to take that wink :confused:

Just looking on Autotrader for the kind of mileage I am being offered there are 1.2 Puntos, 1.2 Lupo/Fox and 1.2 Jazz. Not just on engine size, but comparatively they seem to be of a lower specification. This is a fairly "high grade Ford". Of course this is subjective, they are mainly plastic, but it's better than the other plastic in the range that I have seen.

Soldato
Run an insurance quota on that, vs a similar 1.25 Zetec Fiesta, and also a 1.6 Focus if you're curious.

May make a big difference with it being a first time insurance policy, depends on who's selling you the insurance.

Saying that... it cost me around £70 more to insure my Mercedes (0 year NCB) compared to an old 1.3 engined Fiesta! :p

Back
Top Bottom