Piracy Prosecutions

Permabanned
I've reported your name and IP address. So its fair to say the odds of you being caught have gone up significantly.

Trent - BPI

Man of Honour
Off the top of my head approx 500 people have been prosecuted world wide and about 3-4x that number have estimatedly caved into threatening letters and settled up.

With the number of pirates worldwide deffinatly into the 100s of million - the trackers for some pirated games see more than a million unique IPs alone that puts a conservative number in the region of 0.0005%.

Soldato
OP
Off the top of my head...
Thanks. I just watched this, I wanted to put it in some context. There's only one way to effectively deal with piracy and it doesn't involve ISPs or the police.

I've reported your name and IP address. So its fair to say the odds of you being caught have gone up significantly.
When I'm executed for crimes against copyright holders I'm gonna haunt the **** out of you.

Man of Honour
To effectively curb copyright violation first you need to identify your potential customers who are willing to pay, cater for their needs instead of suing them because you failed at business. Then you've seperated out those who are just freeloading scum from those who are willing to pay and can look at encouraging those left to pay through other means such as education, etc. or alternative means such as advertising revenue. Failing that they are fair game to feel the hand of the law.

Suing your customers because you failed at business is only going to end one way.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
There's a big board with a whole bunch of p2p users that the MPAA/RIAA want to use to make an example of.

An MPAA/RIAA exec will take their finger from out of their arse and use the poo finger to mark a point on the board blindfolded then the person that falls under the poo stain will be sued by said organisations whether they are a granny, a toddler, a woman who actually has no internet connection at all etc.

this is 100% accurate.

Soldato
Thanks. I just watched this, I wanted to put it in some context. There's only one way to effectively deal with piracy and it doesn't involve ISPs or the police.

When I'm executed for crimes against copyright holders I'm gonna haunt the **** out of you.

he would have 0% chance on seeing your IP address in the first place.. his post was 100% sarcasm.. :D

Back
Top Bottom