Fortress FT02 PSU choice

Associate
Hi guy,

This is more of a PSU orientated question...but theres no PSU subforum.

Anywho. Im looking for a 1kw modular PSU for my shiny new Fortress 02, my current PSUs cables are on the short side to get round it properly and I want to be able to get everything round the back of the board. Looking at this atm:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-039-BQ&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=1083

Anyone used it, are the cables long and whats it like. Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Hawker

Associate
OP

Nah that cable is actually all right, its the SATA and molex that are causing the headache, the drives are a long way from the PSU.

Be quiet get excellent reviews.

For detailed descriptions of the cable lengths visit the manufacturer websites.

Much appreciated, hadnt thought to look there, those cables ought definately be long enough.

Hawker

Associate
I Have one of the original Dark power Pro's from back when OcUk use to stock them and it's worked perfect ever since. Given that you linked the new ones i can only assume they have got better!

Associate
The Corsair HX series are usually the power supplies recommended for the FT02 due to their flat cables, handy because it's quite tight behind the motherboard.

Soldato
The Bequiet PSU is of top notch quality. By far one of the best PSU's for reliability and efficency.

Here is a diagram of the cabling for the PSU you are looking at

FileServerphp.jpg

Associate
I have the Corsair HX 1000w in my FT02 case
The flat cables are a big help but what lets it down is the main power cable for the Motherboard is not flat same as the be quiet one I see above.

Also the SATA cables maybe a bit short if you have a lot of drives the 1st plug is to short just reaches past the Motherboard tray so luckly it does not get in the way when putting the case side back on.

ft2psu.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom