Do some women aim too high?

Soldato
Attractive - Back end of a bus
Funny - I think I am a little, I am no stand up
Intelligent - Mensa Level and degree educated
Romantic - Nope
Earning national average - Just under will be at the average by the end of the year
5'11 or taller - 6'1
Good in bed - Probably not
Get on with each other's friends - Depends, I am very picky when it comes to chosing people I like
Able to cook - Can pan fry meat!!
Clean/tidy - Not bad
Pander to their needs without being a pushover - I am a sod
Show the correct level of jealousy - no

Soldato
How many of the 12 attributes do you tick?

Attractive - i make the Elephant Man look like Brad Pitt
Funny - I am about as funny as AIDS
Intelligent - 2 + 2 = 5. See i'm as intelligent as that wheelchair guy with the funny voice.
Romantic - farting is romantic right?
Earning national average - Probably the national average for people living in Gambia?
5'11 or taller - I need a booster seat in the car.
Good in bed - Erectile dysfunction makes this somewhat difficult
Get on with each other's friends - i don't like people
Able to cook - I make killer oven chips.
Clean/tidy - Stuff just gets dirty again, why bother? That's also my motto when it comes to personal hygiene.
Pander to their needs without being a pushover - I'm no pushover. Last time she tried she got a black eye.
Show the correct level of jealousy - Beating her if she looks at someone else is normal right?

Soldato
Attractive - I've been told this yes.
Funny - One of my best qualities
Intelligent - University educated so thats a yes
Romantic - I can be at times
Earning national average - Not yet but only 22
5'11 or taller - 6'3 so a big tick there
Good in bed - Again I've heard rumblings that I'm not too shabby
Get on with each other's friends - I've always tried my best
Able to cook - A big hobby of mine, love to cook
Clean/tidy - A bit Anal with how tidy I am
Pander to their needs without being a pushover - Not even a little bit, maybe a bit selfish
Show the correct level of jealousy - Again I could act more "bothered"

Soldato

Attractive - Above avarage, espically when at my ideal weight
Funny - Yes
Intelligent - Yes
Romantic - Yes
Earning national average - Yes
5'11 or taller - Yes
Good in bed - yes
Get on with each other's friends - Depends, but generally yes
Able to cook - Yes
Clean/tidy - yes
Pander to their needs without being a pushover - Not a pushover but i don't pander
Show the correct level of jealousy - Yes

Hey! Not to bad! :cool:

Soldato
:

Attractive - I don't think so
Funny - I have a wierd/dark sense of humour which I don't think would appeal to most women
Intelligent - In some ways yes
Romantic - Dunno
Earning national average - Unemployed!
5'11 or taller - 5'9", bit of a dumb requirement
Good in bed - NA
Get on with each other's friends - NA
Able to cook - I guess I could follow a recipe
Clean/tidy - A bit yeah
Pander to their needs without being a pushover - Pretty soft
Show the correct level of jealousy - Probably too much

Lookin' goooood! :D:o

Soldato
That’s what women go after these days?!?! :eek: What about the men in their early/mid 20’s who like their women to,

Always be a laugh (don’t have stupid mood swings)
Clearly look after themselves (not fat)
Don’t have any tie downs (no kids)
Have a job or career prospects (not a dole dosser)

These are more realistic and not aiming high but extremely hard to find.

Soldato
Yep I agree with the OP's point. A large proportion of young women in this country want the proverbial moon on a stick from their men, yet fail to offer up anything like half as much in return. To a large extent it is thanks to Hollywood and soft-focus, syrupy American dramas like Dawson's Creek, 90210 et al giving them false expectations as to how to expect their men to behave.

It's interesting you say that as my mrs has this kind of thing, except a complete role reversal. She looks after me is very thoughtfull and tidys up and washes up for me (and she doesnt live with me. I'd like to point out I try to stop her but she feels she has to do it for some reason). And in return she has me, who does the occasional nice thing when I think about it.

Soldato
That’s what women go after these days?!?! :eek: What about the men in their early/mid 20’s who like their women to,

Always be a laugh (don’t have stupid mood swings)
Clearly look after themselves (not fat)
Don’t have any tie downs (no kids)
Have a job or career prospects (not a dole dosser)

These are more realistic and not aiming high but extremely hard to find.

not that I have found. either you are in the wrong city or looking in the wrong circles. parts of the alternative/metal circles in southampton have quite a few women like that

Caporegime
OP
what about a tick box for the ladies ? would it be shorter ?

anal ?
make me a sandwich ?

Personally, which is probably not very representative of most males, mine is:

I must find them attractive (with killer eyes being a big sway).

They must not be vacuous bimbos.

They must have a similar sense of humour, and be able to be silly and have the confidence to laugh at themselves.

They must not hate dance music.

They should have hobbies or means to keep themselves occupied without me. I like me time to do my own things, and a common theme with 'high maintenance' women is the lack of any past-times, thus needing constant micro-management.

Affectionate and enjoy a healthy sex-life.

They should not expect the man to pay for everything. Equality is equality.

Enjoying doing sod all, especially lazing in the sun, is a must!

Permabanned
Want a laugh ?

Go to pof.com , and check some "ladies" profiles

Seeks:
6 foot midget with 1 leg , who is into rock climbing white water rafting
Must have own car/teeth/home , into tattos and body piercings ......

Some are so specific its beyond a joke

Associate
In fairness, I would agree with the OP, especially in Britain, where lets face it, the ratio of mingers is pretty damn high. Obviously everyone needs their own self respect, but when this short fat ugly ass woman is bleating about wanting this that and the other, yet can't even be arsed to make herself a bit more presentable and look after her own body.....

lol so you've noticed this too. Does make me laugh when some of those fat ugly things with hygeine problems come out with a stupidly long list of requirements, as if any decent guy is going to look at a girl who clearly has no self respect. Now don't get me wrong not everyone is stunningly good looking with a great shape etc. but you have to be seen to be making an effort and at least looking after yourself otherwise no self respecting potential single person is going to take notice of you. /rant

as for in general i'm not sure all women do have some stupidly long list of requirements. Obviously speaking from my limited experience (only being 20 myself) i find that most girls i speak to aren't terribly specific, normally someone they can "talk" to (what is meant by this i am unsure), reasonably attractive and will treat them right (another of these vague terms).

As for "cosmo women" i believe i have encountered these creatures before and i find them hugely irritating yet strangely fascinating as they all seem to have a rhino body guard of a friend. :p

I'm not sure i'd fair well on these tick boxes

Caporegime
OP
lol so you've noticed this too. Does make me laugh when some of those fat ugly things with hygeine problems come out with a stupidly long list of requirements, as if any decent guy is going to look at a girl who clearly has no self respect. Now don't get me wrong not everyone is stunningly good looking with a great shape etc. but you have to be seen to be making an effort and at least looking after yourself otherwise no self respecting potential single person is going to take notice of you. /rant

as for in general i'm not sure all women do have some stupidly long list of requirements. Obviously speaking from my limited experience (only being 20 myself) i find that most girls i speak to aren't terribly specific, normally someone they can "talk" to (what is meant by this i am unsure), reasonably attractive and will treat them right (another of these vague terms).

As for "cosmo women" i believe i have encountered these creatures before and i find them hugely irritating yet strangely fascinating as they all seem to have a rhino body guard of a friend. :p

I'm not sure i'd fair well on these tick boxes

Cosmo women seem to develop after the age of 24 for some reason.

Permabanned
seriously though, cause this is a serious thread and i wasn't being serious.

i will be happy with a girl that just likes me exactly how i am (i know you want to cry now)

also if she is not ugly. hot would be preferred but not essential. (prefer shorter and smaller than me)

doesn't even have to have similar interests. but has to be intelligent to the level where she realizes that TV is bull****. no american idol watching, cosmo reading... (you see why i am single) and no dirty hippy girls either.

Man of Honour
Attractive - I once attracted mice in to the house.. does that count?
Funny - Yes, I have 3 eyes and a big nose called Grog
Intelligent - You trying to be funny?
Romantic - Only if it gets me laid
Earning national average - Not really, but i make up for it when I claim my expenses each month.
5'11 or taller - I'll never measure anything as log as i live!
Good in bed - yes I sleep like a baby
Get on with each other's friends - No not really - All my wife's friends are a bunch weirdos - so i ate them for lunch.
Able to cook - I can burn and chops fingers off
Clean/tidy - Everything looks perfect when the lights are out - a bit like the wife
Pander to their needs without being a pushover - I massages ladies feet!
Show the correct level of jealousy - I'm on level 5 of jealousy but I keep being defeated by the boss.

Soldato
Attractive - Probably not
Funny - so I'm told
Intelligent - well there are many kinds of intelligence.
Romantic - ahah no.
Earning national average - student here
5'11 or taller - 6'2
Good in bed - that's what I tell 'em. Nobody ever buys it though.
Get on with each other's friends - no, I'm terrible in social situations
Able to cook - I'm great with a microwave
Clean/tidy - no, christ, you're the woman!
Pander to their needs without being a pushover - yes and if you don't like that I CAN CHANGE!
Show the correct level of jealousy - what are you trying to say? That I'm not good enough? :mad:

Back
Top Bottom