Which Asus P6T Deluxe?

Associate
I can't work out what the difference is between the P6TD Deluxe on OcUK and the P6T Deluxe v2 which some people on the forum have. I really want to know so I can get the best performance. Some have said that the v2 is inferior to the original. And what is the D on the end of P6TD? Does it mean Deluxe? Hope you can answer these questions.

Thanks,

Jake

Associate
A lot of it comes down to the board revision. The first board released was the P6T Deluxe, which was then replaced by the P6T Deluxe V2. Towards the middle of 2009, ASUS officially launched "Xtreme Design" and added some new features to the P6T Deluxe V2, which created the P6TD Deluxe.

The D on the end of P6TD Deluxe, signifies that it's part of the "Xtreme Design" range of motherboards. If you're looking to squeeze the best overclock out of a 920, I'd recommend the P6TD and so would Custom PC :)

Associate
Apart from the sas controller the only other diferrence is the TD has a higher density of copper in the mobo to aid heat diserpation. This in turn should enable higher overclocks.

That said i'm running the older v2 version at 4.2 with no problems what so ever. to be honest your doing well to get a 920 higher than this unless you go exotic on the cooling.

If I had to buy another, for the sake of £6 or so i'd probably go for the TD.

Associate
Originally Iwanted to get the R2E. But for some reason I went for the P6TD and the P6TSE.

From my experience is both clocked to the same level 4ghz. Although I went further on the P6TD to 4.2 then the P6TSE (4GHZ).

Both required the same voltage to hit the same overclock on my chip. The P6TD had just that ever so slightly better voltage control than the P6TSE.

Of course the P6TSE is a lot cheaper so it has no fancy SAS controller and doesn't do SLI out of the box. Also if you do Crossfire the slots in between are very close together.

The P6TD has an extra pci slot in between the PCI-E slots and this was one of the primary reasons why I got this board over something like the R2E as I was running crossfire at the time and took into account the extra cooling that it might benefit from.

If I wasn't so into crossfire or sli I would be more than happy with the P6TSE. While 140 quid for a mb is not exactly cheap, in the context of x58 boards is a great value for money board is worthy of anyones consideration along with the gigabyte UD3R.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom