BECOME AN OFFICIAL OcUK REVIEWER & WIN SAPPHIRE HD 5970, 5870, 5850 & 5770 GFX CARDS

Soldato
Recently I was a reviewer on a website which had to quit because of personal reasons. Is it possible to send links instead of rewrite a review?

Would sending a URL be OK as I have a website/blog which allows me to add really nice formatting.

No. Please put your review into the specified format and e-mail it in document form as per the review guide. It's not how pretty the review is that counts.

The same question was answered 6 posts above yours ;)

Soldato
I guess it depends. I'd assume the review you wrote would by copywritten to yourself, unless there was an agreement with the site you wrote the reviews for that it became theirs when they published.

Associate
No, I think you'll need to copy it into a word document.

I've just finished my HD 5770 review, now I've just got to wait for my SSD which should arrive tomorrow.

How many words have people done for their reviews?

Do your PC's at the OCUK HQ have MS Office 2007, do I need to send as a .doc or will a .docx be fine?

Associate
I have just done a review about Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Retail (Full Version) [GLC-00181]IN DEPTH review :) I love windows 7
ps my words count is 3,790 and the format I sent it as .doc and I did a proper review:) left nothing out I think I hope so lol I love windows 7 and direx11 so good for the games industry in which one day i hope to join:)

Last edited:
Associate
It is all part of the plan.

I don't see how that will work anyway? The only people that will come in contact with this offer are people already members of OCUK, or people that shop on the OCUK store, but just became a forum member so they could have a chance with this offer. I fail to see how it brings in "new" customers??

Soldato
Just to ask the obvious. I've finished two reviews, and am working on the questions at the moment. But then if I send in more reviews at a later date, do I need to attach the questions again, or will you see that its from my email address?

I know it seems obvious, but assumptions make an ass out of u and mptions.

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about the length of the review too much. The review template PDF gives guidance as to how long each section should be. Stick to that and you should be fine.

I still haven't heard back from OC regarding my review (i.e. if they received my email on Friday). I'd love to know. :)

Soldato
Could someone please reply to my previous post?

One small question. If I write a review, send it, get accepted and awarded the prize do I have to agree to the contract and become a reviewer.

My signature isn't breaking the rules, so I'll ask the question on your behalf.

Is the winner obliged to agree to the terms of the contract in order to receive the graphics card? If so, what are the terms of the contract exactly?

Soldato
And another question... if it's one's ability to write a coherent review which is being judged, why does it have to be a 'current' product? Surely whether the product is still manufactured / supported is irrelevant if it's the author's style of writing that they're being judged upon?

I presume the same rule applies to software? As such, I guess there's no problem with me reviewing Windows 2003, as it's not EOL yet...?

TIA

Associate
And another question... if it's one's ability to write a coherent review which is being judged, why does it have to be a 'current' product? Surely whether the product is still manufactured / supported is irrelevant if it's the author's style of writing that they're being judged upon?

I presume the same rule applies to software? As such, I guess there's no problem with me reviewing Windows 2003, as it's not EOL yet...?

TIA

I think the reason this rule is set in place, is so that the person reading these reviews actually can relate to the product. For example doing a review on an Intel Pentium 2 isn't a smart move lol. Although some items are "new" but can be EOL. I just think this "rule" has been made so that relatively new products are reviewed and not something that no one has even heard of/can remember.

Associate
I think the reason this rule is set in place, is so that the person reading these reviews actually can relate to the product. For example doing a review on an Intel Pentium 2 isn't a smart move lol. Although some items are "new" but can be EOL. I just think this "rule" has been made so that relatively new products are reviewed and not something that no one has even heard of/can remember.

Beside this I guess it wants to ensure that reviewers are at least somehow up to scratch with current hardware.

I surely don't want someone with a Pentium 2 to review a 5970... :)

Back
Top Bottom