Where to buy Gold ?

Associate
OP
Does investing in gold ever make people lots of money or is it mainly used to just help protect from the pound going down the drain?

For me it's to invest in something with value that is 'real' that can be sold if needed later in life ... at a profit in the future would be nice and very welcomed but not my first priority.

Permabanned
if you buy gold make sure you ask for it.

there are a lot of places where you can buy gold and you receive a receipt but some of them are some what ponzi schemes, potentially.

you can buy gold coins very easily, that way you can keep it and hold on to it, in your hand. a lot better than a peice of paper that says you own gold.

just google gold coins

Soldato
Investing in gold is always a good idea, it will always have value - your bits of paper in your pocket or numbers in the bank are subject to inflation and devaluation... what happened in Weimar Germany could very well happen in today's world the way things are going.

It has value as long as no-one breaks into your home and steals it. Hyper inflation, as seen in Weimar Germany and modern Zimbabwe, is a pretty rare occurrence in the developed world. Burglaries aren't. :p

Make sure that you've got a good safe to keep your investment in.

Don
The gold price may be good and not that lilekly to fall but gold is priced in US$

The £ to $ rate is lower than recent averages and any fall in the value of the $ would hurt value just as easily as a fall in the gold price

Soldato
I have a friend that has traded commodities for a decent length of time and its not a hard and fast rule but he has always said

When they start advertising to buy gold on telly its time to seriously think about where your exit point is.

Soldato
I wouldn't invest in gold at the moment, it's not really a good time. A general rule would be that when economies and currencies go down, commodities (especially gold), will go up. Way up.

It's safe to say that gold is very valuable at the moment, that's not to say it won't go up any more, but it's not a great time to invest.

Back
Top Bottom