• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver stops responding in games

Associate
Hi,

Just recently while I've been gaming the game freezes, so I Alt+Tab out to the desktop where I find a little warning message (down the bottom right hand corner) that says Ati driver stopped working and has recovered, at which point I go back into the game and everything is fine for a little while until it happend again.

As well as this I get the occasional bsod, and when I go into event viewer the level is critical and the source is kernel power.

Only really started getting this since I moved to windows 7 a month or two ago. When I first went to windows 7 I installed the latest drivers which refused to work. I'd get an error message at startup saying they failed to load. So for a while I had been gaming with whatever driver windows provided me with. Then ATI released their most recent drivers which I installed and the problem still persists.

Any ideas?

Associate
a lot of people (myself including ) have had the dreaded "driver stopped responding" message for both Nvidia and Ati cards and their are many many different fixes out there on the internet,but as of yet no one seems to have found the cure.. i found personally raising the Graphics fan speed stopped my error. I hope you sort it..
sorry i cant be more helpful

Soldato
Had this problem and it turned out to be incorrect memory frequencies/timings. Update your bios and drivers, then check these, then do a memtest. Will rule it out then.

Associate
i found an error code 10 in windows event viewer, showed me that my GPU wasn't getting enough power. PSU was a 1kw supply for 2 GPU's so this wan't the true issues. Went updated drivers, CCC, BIOS and chipsets etc, found out that some of the ati files overwrite data in windows files that can cause it to conflict with other programs. The fix for me was to use a program to remove all uneeded services whilst playing games.

Associate
i found an error code 10 in windows event viewer, showed me that my GPU wasn't getting enough power. PSU was a 1kw supply for 2 GPU's so this wan't the true issues. Went updated drivers, CCC, BIOS and chipsets etc, found out that some of the ati files overwrite data in windows files that can cause it to conflict with other programs. The fix for me was to use a program to remove all uneeded services whilst playing games.

what program was used ?? .... for me i had to downclock my 4870 pcs+ slighly to stop the error from popping up.

Back
Top Bottom