Pot holes - Can you claim?

Soldato
Hi guys,

Yesterday while driving in Coventry i drove over a pot hole, and it took out both near side (Front and Back) tiers.

So obviously i have had to get both replaced (£35 each) and i was wondering what i can do? Is it possible to claim this money back from the council?

Ive had the car checked over (Tracking) to make sure everything else is ok and i got the all clear.

And please no comments like "How did you manage to hit it" as it's not the point, the size of the pot hole you would think it would be repaired along time ago.

And for your amusement i have included a picture of said evil pot hole.

dscf8334.jpg

and a close up :o

dscf8335.jpg

It's not even like it's a small road out the way either, it's on a busy main road

Soldato
If you're the first to report it (and judging by the lack of yellow spray paint around it you probably are) then there's next to no chance of them paying out.

Soldato
If you're the first to report it (and judging by the lack of yellow spray paint around it you probably are) then there's next to no chance of them paying out.

the 4-5 biggest ones around me have been reported by me and my mates many times, no yellow spray paint, no nothing. Holes are getting bigger every day. Im just waiting to be pulled over for weaving...

Associate
My friend had a type go on a pot hole. Contacted the counsel and after some time waiting he had to provide the receipt for a replacement and got a full refund.

Id complain, we pay road Tax's for a reason.

Associate
Stoney Stanton Road is disgraceful. Henley Road isn't much better. I dread taking my car out in case I clip one, even though I know where most of them are, it's still like a slalom course trying to miss the damn things!

Back
Top Bottom