Printer, for Printing CD, DVDs? W7 64bit

Soldato
I have just thrown my Epson r200 out of the Window (7 64bit) in a mood! Can someone please suggest another one that will work in Windows 64bit?

I'd rather not buy Epson as the lack of driver support for the older models has put me off them...(Unless one is light years ahead of the rest...)

Cheers

PS I'm very fed up as before i did a re-install (same op) the printer worked fine, now i can't get it to work for love or money...(google'd and google'd but nothing seems to work!!!?)

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Oh I really should've recommended a printer too :p

Canon, either IP4600 or the newer IP4700 would be my suggestion, both great printers that produce excellent results.

Both have drivers listed on Canons site for Win 7 64bit.

Soldato
OP
thanks, strange thing is, the standard driver (with Win7) used to work before the fresh instal...now i can only print 'normal' paper, the CD tray does not work...no matter what i do i can't get it to work. Reading arround, i'm not the only one...Just can't figure out why it worked before and now it doesn't!!!

I'll have a look for the Canon's thanks

Soldato
That is strange.

With regards to the Canons, I think you will be bowled over with them tbh. I have setup 2 4600s for friends and they have been delighted with the image quality.

The only issue I have with them is consumables can be expensive.

Soldato
Canon, l'm using a ip4300 can't fault it with compatibles over a year now no probs at all, print quality still very good.

Go for the ip4700 about £80 shop round, compatible's £22 a set chipped. :)

Genuine Canon about £60 aset.

PS - Win 7 already has the drivers, it installed the drivers as soon as l and turned it on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Go for the ip4700 about £80 shop round, compatible's £22 a set chipped. :)

Genuine Canon about £60 aset.

Is the £22 for 1 set? Just wondering as quick Google of 'IP4700 compatible ink' and the first link is 10 inks (2 sets) for just over £29inc - very cheap :)

Soldato
Yes for one full set , l just did a quick google and clicked on first one, but there's always offers on. I got four full set's not to long ago for £25 pound free delivery for my ip4300. :cool:

Soldato
OP
SSmacc,

You can always verify compatibility for both hardware and software at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center available here: http://bit.ly/1gW6Ns

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Thanks for the suggestion Jessica but I’m affraid I’ve tried the software and it doesn’t work (64bit). As stated i can print without any problems, but printing from the CD tray has become impossible since I re-installed Windows 7...Its baffling me and driving me mad at the same time, seems a waste of money buying a new printer for something my old one used to do without problems on the same OS...

Back
Top Bottom