PSN goes all Millennium Bug on us

Associate
I think the reason they may not be selling more ps3's at the minute is because people will want to register them ONLINE when they get home. I think sony will be expecting the server's to crash tomorrow due to the large amount of people logging on to fix their current ps3's if it is a update needed. They don't want to be bricking more consoles if they crash halfway through the update do they. Or do we????

Associate
Not a PS3 owner anymores but this sounds rather wild. BTW I'm guessing this is actually a problem with consoles since (as far as I can gather) the PS3's not connected to the network are also dead.

This will be interesting since surely sony will now have to 'hack/attack' their own network to make the PS3's talk to the big sony servers. it's going to be a nightmare and the worst thing being EVERYONE and their mums is going to be wanting to update their consoles as soon as the update is realeased so there's the other problem.

:sit's and wait for sonys next move:

Soldato
117si6o.jpg

Wanted to get back to Heavy Rain! Noooooooooooooooooo! :(

Associate
That's why some companies update by region, to stop the server's overloading. The problem is easily cured, it's doing it at a rate that sony can cope with, that's the problem, unless the operating system know's your serial number then they can do them in batches, or maybe by user name in alphabetical order.

Basically anyway to do the update if needed , without crashing the systems causing the ps3 to brick.

Associate
Nice error, The ONLY game I have is Dynasty Warriors 6, it has no online capabilities at all, Not even trophies, Just had a nice half hour play, How dare sony tell me to not turn it on! :p

Associate
Also has anyone noticed that demo downloads have been corrupted when trying to install lately?? I've had it with a few games just recently and this could be due to the fact that most games have a customer usage d.r.m type software embedded, could be that the date's were corrupting the files. If it was a 7 day demo then the dates wouldn't be adding up properly.

Soldato
I CANT!

And honestly, anyone not in their warranty and wants on for something do the cmos fix, its literally 5 minutes work

You only have to follow the first 6 images on the disassembly tut that was posted earlier, the cmos is under the cd drive at the back.

Unplug it, put it back in and put everything back together.

Back
Top Bottom