TRAMP CIDER!

Soldato
i quite often go in my local bargain booze and see respectable looking people buying 3litre bottles of that nasty white crap. i don't understand it. it's not like you can enjoy the "taste" is it?

when drinking cider i stick to merrydown vintage medium. lovely stuff. :cool:

Caporegime
Pheasant Plucker. I had a workmate who swore by it. (He later left the company when they introduced drug and alcohol testing. I don't know if there's a correlation somewhere here).

I can't believe people have referred to Blackthorn as "cider." I once used it to clean a sink. I thought that's what it was for.

Soldato
i quite often go in my local bargain booze and see respectable looking people buying 3litre bottles of that nasty white crap. i don't understand it. it's not like you can enjoy the "taste" is it?

From experience of retail, respectable looking people are usually tight. You'll see someone buy a load of value crap then hand over the keys to an aston martin with their clubcard on it.
You just think, well you've obviously got money, why are you shopping and tescos and buying cheap food when clearly you can afford to eat like a king.

Associate
Strongbow is my Chav cider of choice.

Blackthorn or Stoford Press is my normal drink, but yeah Strongbow is a good shout for my Chav moments :D

Strongbow is not and never will be a chav cider ! white lightning however is very chav ... its the only cider they can afford considering most of them probably dont have more than a £1 to their name and its always associated with them, Strongbow isnt :p:mad:

Oh and for the person who mentioned they like blackthorn cider ive seen old middle aged men going in and buying cans of that at my local bargin booze probably to sit at home feeling sorry for themselfs so i think thats certainly at the lower end of the class scale

Last edited:
Associate
I dont drink it from a plastic 2 litre bottle because where im from we also have cans or if im feeling really above market il go to the pub and get a nice cold pint pulled on tap ... plastic bottles are not the only way to drink that cider ! so therefore I think white lightning that will never make it beyond the shiney blue plastic should be labeled " chav cider " and leave the decent stuff away from there tarnishned name. I do get stick for drinking it sometimes il admit but not because its chav but because im female and its meant to be a mans drink still I never have listend to that I do what I want.

Soldato
The point still stands that it's fairly cheap cider which can come in a 2 litre bottle. Which makes it chav cider.
If you served white lightning in a crystal glass it's still chav cider because it's choice of many chavs accross the country.

Soldato
strongbow is absolute crap.

i was at the supermarket today and bought a couple of stowford press export strength bottles, and a couple of old rosie cloudy scrumpy. cant wait to try them on saturday.

Soldato
Major bump on a thread but came up on first page of google!!

Went to lidl shopping for the first time ever today, thought I would try the Taurus Cider...4 cans for £2.39 or something...beauty!!

Anyone tried their lagers??

Back
Top Bottom