James Bulger killer back in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Definition of murder: kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"

Taking someones life with the intention of doing so IS murder. No matter which way you look at it. Just because the armed forces are fighting to protect our country does not mean they aren't murderers if they kill some one. What would you call it? Generous killing? No, you takes someones life then you are a murderer by definition. End of.

Some examples would be acceptable though. Euthanasia for one, if my father has been withering away with disease and is terminal and asks that I assist him to go with dignity... that would fit the definition you have posted there. I would be killing him intentionally and it would be premeditated, but not sure I would feel that I was a murderer for doing it

Associate
That is what I read that last post as.

Absolutely nothing i have said has broke any of OCUK's rules what so ever. Sorry that my opinion is causing a lot of controversy around here, but that's exactly what it is, an opinion. End of the day, what i said in my previous post is fact. No ifs or buts about it.

Permabanned
Absolutely nothing i have said has broke any of OCUK's rules what so ever. Sorry that my opinion is causing a lot of controversy around here, but that's exactly what it is, an opinion. End of the day, what i said in my previous post is fact. No ifs or buts about it.

Just because you say your opinion is fact does not make it so my challenged friend.

But by all means keep going..

Associate
Some examples would be acceptable though. Euthanasia for one, if my father has been withering away with disease and is terminal and asks that I assist him to go with dignity... that would fit the definition you have posted there. I would be killing him intentionally and it would be premeditated, but not sure I would feel that I was a murderer for doing it

Now this is an exception obviously, one would argue whether putting your father out of his misery is wrong or not, that is not my place to argue. However if you did do it, you would be a murderer. Would that make you a bad person? Not in my opinion no but that's not my decision. You would still be a murderer.

Associate
Just because you say your opinion is fact does not make it so my challenged friend.

But by all means keep going..

kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"

That is the definition of murder (googled "definition of murder") That is FACT. You can't say something that is backed up by a dictionary an opinion now can you.

Soldato

So you think that a British solder when confronted with an enemy combatant who has to kill that combatant to either save himself or that of his friends is in a morally and ethically identical situation to a couple of evil ****ing kids who decide between them that it would be fun to abduct a toddler and torture him/her to death?

Get your ****ing head sorted out.

Soldato
Definition of murder: kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"

Taking someones life with the intention of doing so IS murder. No matter which way you look at it. Just because the armed forces are fighting to protect our country does not mean they aren't murderers if they kill some one. What would you call it? Generous killing? No, you takes someones life then you are a murderer by definition. End of.

Kill unlawfully, being the part you missed. The laws of war allow killing enemy combatants.

Man of Honour
Now this is an exception obviously, one would argue whether putting your father out of his misery is wrong or not, that is not my place to argue. However if you did do it, you would be a murderer. Would that make you a bad person? Not in my opinion no but that's not my decision. You would still be a murderer.

I think it depends upon the definition, there are several definitions, one of which is that murder is defined as killing with malice or inhumanly. Euthanasia is neither of those so one could argue that it isnt murder by definition. Just depends which of the several definitions are used.

Permabanned
kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"

That is the definition of murder (googled "definition of murder") That is FACT. You can't say something that is backed up by a dictionary an opinion now can you.

O'rly?

well i got:

"The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse"

Can't argue against an internet backed up argument can you?

Did I forget to say, FACT.

Soldato

Sorry but are you the other one of the pair trying to justify your actions or something, or are you just making a vain attempt to get lots of attention and wind everyone up? :confused:

Associate
life should mean life.

if the powers that be are too scared to put these utter scum bags to a long and painful death, then the least they should do is ensure they never have a single moment of freedom for the rest of their 'lives'.

Associate
O'rly?

well i got:

"The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse"

Can't argue against an internet backed up argument can you?

Did I forget to say, FACT.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...urder&aq=0&aqi=l1g6&aql=&oq=murder+definition

First definition. There seems to be more than one definition of murder. That means we are both right.

To everyone else: You seem to be pretty mad, just try to take some slow deep breaths, calm down.

Soldato
To everyone else: You seem to be pretty mad, just try to take some slow deep breaths, calm down.

u-mad.jpg

Soldato

If you want a genuine definition, and not one taken out of "Ladybirds: Guide to Law", see below:

When a man of sound memory and of the age of discretion, unlawfully killeth within any country of the realm any reasonable creature in rerum natura under the King's Peace, . . . so as the party wounded, or hurt, et cetera, die of the wound or hurt, et cetera, within a year and a day after the same.

You are confusing the terms "killing" and "murdering".

Idiot.

Soldato
Just because someone has taken a life doesn't mean they are bad people, look at the military for instance. A lot of British soldiers take lives of other people (see: murder) but according to society that's ok because they are fighting a war. It doesn't matter, they are murderers.

And I thought half term had finished :/

In this day and age it will only take some time before their identities are found out. Those seraching for them will have far more drive and determination than those doing their shifts on the job trying to protect their identities.

Cannot wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom