Orange Upgrade Question - BB without BIS

Associate
Hi , im due an upgrade on my orange contract . I had , 9 months ago , my girlfriends upgrade of a HTC Hero , which im perfectly happy with . My question is , she would ideally like the BB 9700 now , which i can upgrade to but can i upgrade to this phone without taking the BB add ons , ie can i keep a normal data plan that will work with my Hero so i can give her the BB and she can just get the BB add on added to her existing contract ?

I can only ring orange of a lunchtime or evening , so before i hang on for ages on the phone , just wondered if any one knew , save my self some time .

Cheers

Caporegime
I dont see why you cant just upgrade to the 9700 without taking the BB addon unless they say you need to ie to get you a cheaper and better deal...they could eaisly turn round and say if your not taking the bb addon then we will charge x amount for the phone.

To be honest your better off ringing up orange and asking them what your options are...in order to get data working on a BB, you definitely need the BIS or bb addon.

Soldato
Dont see why not, all youll need to do is remove the BIS from your contract upon getting your new phone and add it to hers, although they might make you pay for the addon now shes into her contract.

Ring orange and ask, its the best way really.

Associate
Hi , im due an upgrade on my orange contract . I had , 9 months ago , my girlfriends upgrade of a HTC Hero , which im perfectly happy with . My question is , she would ideally like the BB 9700 now , which i can upgrade to but can i upgrade to this phone without taking the BB add ons , ie can i keep a normal data plan that will work with my Hero so i can give her the BB and she can just get the BB add on added to her existing contract ?

I can only ring orange of a lunchtime or evening , so before i hang on for ages on the phone , just wondered if any one knew , save my self some time .

Cheers
BlackBerry's are a bit useless without BIS/BES though. The built in web browser won't work, nor will any of the email options. You can use 3rd party solutions though.

Back
Top Bottom