Man of Honour
Man of Honour
cage1.jpg

cage2.jpg

cage3.jpg

cage4.jpg

:o

Soldato
Your suspension appears to have failed and you've stolen someone's scaffolding. :confused:

:p

I hope it isn't a show cage to be honest, also, height, for me is a little too low, looks alright though. :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Your suspension appears to have failed and you've stolen someone's scaffolding. :confused:

:D

I hope it isn't a show cage to be honest

:o

I don't have any excuses. I guess it's just an early mid-life crisis kicking in, I'm probably harking back to my early 90's Max Power phase :o

height, for me is a little too low, looks alright though. :)

To be honest those pics do make it look very low, the pic in my sig is more representative of the ride hight (it's not any lower since that pic).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A roll cage and a normal seat?

Is that so that in the event of an accident you can smash your skull against the cage and be killed instantly?

Is that the rear window frame rusting out?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
[TW]Fox;16086688 said:
A roll cage and a normal seat?

Is that so that in the event of an accident you can smash your skull against the cage and be killed instantly?

Yes.

Seats are next.

[TW]Fox;16086688 said:
Is that the rear window frame rusting out?

It's the surface bubbling that I mentioned when I first got the car. It's only got slightly worse in the year I've had it, but I will be dealing with it soon. It's far from 'rusting out', but yes, it does need attention.

Hell, the car is nearly 25-years-old. Like I said in the thread when I first got it, it's solid apart from the two small rust patches, that part by the window being one of them, the other is on the roof, you can just see it in the same pic.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
[TW]Fox;16086770 said:
Would it not have been sensible to do the seats first? Currently you've just made the car more dangerous with your latest mod.

I hope you don't carry any passengers in it until it's a tad safer.

Sensible? Me?

Nobody goes in it apart from me, and it pretty much only gets used for the short journey to work, and the odd spirited blast.

Man of Honour
I cannot say I am feeling the love :( Loads of daft inappropriate mods like a roll cage thats more dangerous than not having one, illegal black numberplates and a priority list where shiney metal cages are higher up than spending 30 minutes with some back to black on the bumper :(

It had potential, like most of your cars when you buy them :p

Man of Honour
Sensible? Me?

Nobody goes in it apart from me, and it pretty much only gets used for the short journey to work, and the odd spirited blast.

So why fit a cage at all? You fit a cage for safety, thats the whole point, if you dont care about safety why waste time and money on a cage, and if you DO care about safety why make the thing more dangerous?!

I dont get it!

I totally get the idea of improving safety on a car by fitting a cage. I don't get the idea of doing it in 'stages' which result in it being a deathtrap until such time as you finish the job properly. Seriously, you hit anything in that and your head is going CLONK into the shiney metal. Nice.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
It's a show cage. I fitted it because I like the look.

Hence the thread title ;)

It's an 80's 'Hot' hatch. Lets's be honest, compared to modern stuff it is a death trap anyway :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom