spec me a cv (sigh)for......glass collecting in a club

Associate
Sorry for the odd request, but i've seen a job in a club for glass collector. The hours are good (10pm-4am) as I don't sleep much and I am near the place, but I don't have a clue on how to make myself more attractive on my CV for such a job.

It states that experience is preferrable but not essential, something that I lack.

Any tips?

Soldato
At first I thought you would be 16 or something, but then I looked at your profile...

Not slating you or anything, a jobs and a job and all that. I did it myself when I was 17 and at college - certainly didn't need a CV though :p

Soldato
You don't need to state that you have a degree in glass collecting and they won't be looking for someone who has. Bar work would probably help you get the job but that's down to you to sell yourself in your covering letter and interview.

So just send in a normal CV and then say why you'd like the job in a letter.

Associate
OP
At first I thought you would be 16 or something, but then I looked at your profile...

Not slating you or anything, a jobs and a job and all that. I did it myself when I was 17 and at college - certainly didn't need a CV though :p

bugger my profile is wrong, I am 20 not 30 lol.

Also they request a CV and a photo. Its a decent club so I guess they want someone decent.

Soldato
Sorry for the odd request, but i've seen a job in a club for glass collector. The hours are good (10pm-4am) as I don't sleep much and I am near the place, but I don't have a clue on how to make myself more attractive on my CV for such a job.

It states that experience is preferrable but not essential, something that I lack.

Any tips?

University of Life - Glass Holding - ~30years Experience

Soldato
"Two fully functioning hands, excellent balance and coordination, fashionable haircut"
Stick down excellent people skills so someone doesn't deck you when you take their nearly finished pint.

Soldato
bugger my profile is wrong, I am 20 not 30 lol.

Also they request a CV and a photo. Its a decent club so I guess they want someone decent.

I was going to say! :D

Probably more up market from my experience then, where we got paid in cash and a free drink at the end of the week :p

Associate
EVERYONE wants experience now! I'm looking for a job at the minute too. Experience for collecting glasses ffs, it's a joke.

Soldato
I was thinking this! Nothing would beat the look on their face with you there and them reading the "1st Degree in Glass removal and distribution"

A comedy picture of you holding glasses would also be a top option! :D

I agree - Face it, this is a recession - any job is going to get hundreds of applicants, yet daft HR employment rules prevent them from just hiring the first CV they get - a comedy one would stand out, prove you have a sense of humour that would work with customers etc.....

Go for it! :D

Back
Top Bottom