GSkill Falcon Noisy

Soldato
OP
It just sounds like it's being accessed non-stop at the moment. Checked resource monitor and nothing showing there so no idea what it is. Anyone else had this problem with a GSkill Falon SSD? Looks like it's going back on Monday.

Soldato
OP
Well, feel such a (insert appropriate swear word here)! Unplugged all drives etc and powered on one at a time to see if I could hear where the noise was coming from. After about 10 mins I thought it sounded like it was coming from my front bottom fan on my Antec 1200 case. Checked that no cables etc were hitting the fan and all clear. Removed the fust filter and.....SILENCE. When I checked the filter there is a sliver of plastic hanging off that must have been hitting the fan. What really threw me was the hard drive led was always on when it was noisy and it's only just happened tonight.

How can I close this thread? Can't see anything in the thread tools options.

Soldato
OP
Isn't the falcon an SSD? In which case it can't actually make a noise :confused:

That's was bugged me cos the noise was exaclty like a hard drive being accessed and I had no other drives attached. When I looked on the web I came across quite a few posts about the drives unreliability so I thought it had buggered up.

You gotta laugh :D

Back
Top Bottom