• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

weird ingame graphics and driver fail?

Soldato
hey all, hope this is right section.

right the past 2 nvidia graphics cards ive had on 2 different systems i always get this same little problem from time to time.

while in game the screen may go blank, flick blick, crash or stutter a bit and then in the notification i get a little yellow triangle with an "!" in it saying something like "display drivers have failed and been recovered" or something to that extent but then the graphics is stuck on the "low power 3D" settings. on my card that happens to be like clock speed 399MHz..... only way to get it to normal is to restart :\ kinda getting fed up of it to be honest :(

ive got windows 7 ultimate 64 bit all updated, andlatest nvidia drivers with the beta hotfix. but these problems were on games for a while now, but this next one is just MW2.

also ive notice in cod every now and then the graphics look odd, it didnt used to be like this, past few weeks its more regular tho
codlg.jpg

if you look at the electric towers in the distance they look hazy... but also with areas of darkness in them espically the layers of trees.... this happens in smoke clouds and sometimes looking though some windows.... and it also does it at not that far away too so i dont think its a range thing

now it didnt used to do this but its putting me at a real disadvantage as if someone is in said window.... i cannot see them because of this black texturing....

any ideas how to resolve these probs? i can try and get another pic to show the windows. think the sub base is the worst... now i know theres mist on this level but when it blackens out whats behind it rather than being translucent its really frustrating :(

some more pics
cod2y.jpg

can see the black splodgyness in the trees
cod3.jpg

and again from this guys killcam.... see all the really darkend areas... :\

also had another pic were i was in a smoke cloud but all the objects in it had hardened black outlines :s
edit:here are the pics... as you can see theres like loads more shading and bluring for somereason... the last one is in the middle of a smoke grenade... should be able to see anything :\
cod4y.jpg

cod5.jpg

cod6f.jpg

so what are everyones opinions :\ ????

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom