BBC Radio producer jailed over sex videoing

Associate
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8549608.stm

what he did was naff / stupid / wrong - but did he deserve a custodial sentence of 8 months, plus sex register for 10 years?

he filmed his liaisons and kept the recordings for personal use - then stopped doing it and settled down and had kids...

the judge said he showed a "cruel, selfish betrayal of trust" but his girlfriend didn't show much loyalty when she shopped him?

Caporegime
"feeling violated, dirty and sick"

what? because he filmed you having sex with him? :confused:

I don't really see what he has done wrong to be honest. Sure it is a little wierd perhaps but i take it he didnt share them with anyone and kept them for his own personal use?

Counselling as well? WHY!? He saw it live, why are they so upset about him watching it back on tape.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sex register for 10 years! that seems a bit out there to be honest. The sentencing doesn't seem to fit the "crime" here...

Caporegime
Another one of those situations where there would be no "victims" if nothing was reported. Ignorance is sometimes bliss..

Soldato
The fact he then kept those videos to himself. yes. wierd, but doesn't deserve 8 months sentance and 10 years on a sex offenders register...aka jobless for 10 years!? :S

Soldato
Is everyone forgetting he filmed himself having sex with his girlfriends without them knowing?

Yeah but unless he distributed them and it was only for personal er...'use' why would it mean that the girls needed therapy? They were there at the time, nothing new has happened. Bit creepy and out of order on his part but really, ten years on the sex register? Far too harsh.

Caporegime
hmm i find it a bit weird all right why dodn't he just use truecrypt.

Deserves the jail for being lapse with his stash. :rolleyes:

Wonder what his girlfriend was doing rooting around in the attic?

:o

Why truecrypt? So you can type in your second password and pretend there is nothing there?;)

Something tells me we have someone with a bit of experience!:p

Caporegime
Well no, it doesn't mention anywhere in the story that the girls were under about 12...:p

Yes, for brevity and alliteration purposes I opted to be a bit lazy on the accuracy front. He will however have to sign the sex offenders register for 10 years, which will make him as untouchable as a paedo to most people :(

Back
Top Bottom