Virgin Media

Soldato
Im currently with virgin media, however after 5 months im already finding it that they mess things up, especially on the billing/payments side of things.

anyone like or dislike them, whats your views on this

Soldato
Im currently with virgin media, however after 5 months im already finding it that they mess things up, especially on the billing/payments side of things.

anyone like or dislike them, whats your views on this

been with them for over 5 years now... Pay ~36 per month for TV, net, and phone.. £20 for the package, 16 for line rental and calls made. In 5 years downtime has been less than a day total. I get 1.1M/s on my 10 meg line regulary

Soldato
Ok when it works, but we seem to get capped over the tiniest download half the time and the connection becomes unusable.

I'd rather settle for a slower connection that was consistent, and I'll be switching back to Be* at the first available chance I get.

Soldato
Love them. I live in an area with really slow adsl (about 1mbit), so it's great to be able to get good speeds. My 10mbit is solid, with virtually no downtime. The fair use policy is fair and transparent, something I think should be a model to all other ISPs. I'll be making sure my next home can get cable.

Associate
Been with them for phone and broadband for as long as i can remember.
First class service imo and very cheap.
Yes they do cap you, but the cap is removed at 9pm...

Soldato
OP
lol, the broadband is fantastic, however they have messed me about with payments.

saying that i owe them £137 when they didn't take last months payment, but i have a direct debit setup with them.

february they took duplicate payments i just wish that as an Service provider they should make sure that everything runs smoothly.

Soldato
Been with them for years. My parents have had trouble with them recently but its the first time in 10+ years I guess (since the days of Cable and Wireless, NTL, VM).

I have never had a problem, when I was at Uni and at my new house now. The internet has gone down very few times in this time and generally I've never had a problem with them.

Soldato
lol, how many years does it take for that perk to kick in? I've been with them about 10 years and they havent given me free service yet :(

I have been with them since I first got broadband, started with 600kbs service.

I called them and got it half price for 3 months, then just kept calling them when that offer expired and they always put it back on for me, after about a year or so of that I think they got fed up. After a few months I realised I didn't get a bill and no payment was taken, then they would send me the occasional flyer saying things like "Since you left there has been some changes". :)

Soldato
been with them for 6 months and they've been great. We've just bought a house and the new place isn't in the cable area.

Anyone know if I can pay off the rest of the contract with no penalties etc?

Soldato
I have had over 7+ VM(so called) techs out to try and fix my T3 errors and after six months they sent a network admin.

All was good for 2 weeks now I am back to square one :mad:
They have have lowered my bill but I want a working 50Mb.

Associate
I have no complaints with Virgin at all, i pay £44.00 per month for 20Mb Broadband, unlimited telephone calls, 1 x V+ box and 1 x Standard box.

Been with them for 6 years now and with the exception of a couple of billing errors and daft little things i have no problems and no downtime.

Broadband is rock solid at 19.50Mb downstream and boy does it get abused, yes they cap it but if you set your main downloads to go after that then there really is no issue at all.

Associate
Been with them for years and have renewed my 10mb only broadband with them. They gave me a wireless N router (which i've found to be crap) and agreed to move the modem next to my PC (therefore don't really need router).

Soldato
Ive been with them since they were telewest since 1996-ish.

Never had any issues. Currently on 50mb, full TV package with movies and sports, phone with free evening and weekend landline calls and 400mins to mobile anytime per month. All this costs me just £67.50 per month.

I rarely get less than 5.6MB/s download.

Prob only had around 2-3 days total down time in almost 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom