Newbie Build

Associate
Hello All,

Im new here so if I am clueless at points I apologise!!

This will be my first build and iv been putting together a bit of a spec today and hoped to get peoples opinions!! Bit of background, never overclocked before but really want to have a go, im a university student (so reasonably low budget) studying CAD, building PC for "general usage" light gaming and CAD (solidworks, NX and AutoCAD if it makes a difference)

So here is my proposed spec, opinons will be really helpful!!

Case: Antec Two Hundred Midi Tower Gaming Case
Mobo: MSI 770-C45
CPU: AMD*PHENOM II X2 550 - BLACK EDITION
GPU: Sapphire ATI Raedon HD4850
CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro v2
PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 500W
RAM: Kingston 4GB kit (2GBx2), DDR3 PC3-10600
HDD: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3

Any suggestions or opinions appreciated!!

Associate
I like the idea of the antec 200 as it has the sata drive built in. Not sure if you have managed to find any reviews as i am after a case with a sata dock and can only find this and the new coolermaster case

Associate
OP
@Superewza:
Budget is sub £500 with the less being spent the better but obviously more money if it will equal significantly better performance! As far as usage go's likely to be; general (internet, word, powerpoint etc), CAD and Gaming. and in that order!

I would like something I can overclock but it will be a first time thing so nothing too special!

@Miffy1991 & @Wingers:

3 hard drives is probably more than i would look at to begin with, I was looking at a single 1TB HDD because the CAD files im working with stack up space pretty quick!

Associate
OP
Ok cool I think I will probably just stick with the single hard disk for now!

Found this RAM earlier which is about the same price as what i was looking at but i dont know if it will work the the mobo? any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom