Arctic pwm fans not being speed read.

Caporegime
I recently installed 2 arctic cooling F12 pwm fans into my rig, asus p6t deluxe v2 and i7 920 DO. The fans are currently run via an akasa pwm splitter cable, on boot i get a "no cpu fan detecion warning", hit F1 to continue. This is ok, though i cant control theese 2 fans at all with asus ai suite. Would i be ok with ditching the akasa pwm cable and connecting one fan to the cpu header, then connecting the second fan via the arctic pwm pst sharing cable. Theese are the fans im using.

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3_48_68&mID=342

Soldato
Could just disable the fan alarm if that's your problem? Most motherboards will have an option to turn it off. It's hard to tell if that's why you're considering changing fan input locations, though.

Caporegime
OP
I know what you mean mate, theres an option in bios to ignore the fan warning, however this isnt the problem, i previously ran pwm sharkoon silent eagle fans on this cable (stil had F1 on boot), however, i was able to speed control them once in windows, i might try and do away with the pwm splitter cable, i reckon i should be safe enough with the 2 arctic fans ran off the cpu header.

Soldato
Ah. Well IME, you won't be able to control the CPU fan in Windows - you'll only be able to set a fan profile in the BIOS (essentially quiet, medium, loud) so no on-the-fly changes. I could be wrong, of course.

What I found on my old Asus P5Q was that speedfan could control one of the chassis headers but not the others. If you experiment you may be able to find a chassis header that speedfan can control?

Caporegime
OP
Ex p5q owner as well mate, deluxe with q6600 and q9550, both at 3.8ghz, ive always used the turbo profile in bios for cpu fans, i dont use any of the chassis fan headers on my current x58 board, all 4 of my case fans are ran off the psu via molex.

Caporegime
OP
No probs miniyazz, btw, nice clock on your i7, the ud7 looks like a really nice board, im currently on the asus p6t deluxe v2. From the very little ive read/seen of the gigabyte boards, the bios layout is quite different from an asus board, made very good reading how gigabyte label settings, and how the menus in bios are layed out compared to my board.

Soldato
The UD7 is pretty decent actually. Unusually, it comes with a 'northbridge' waterblock as well, which I'll be taking advantage of once I get some proper w/cing up and running.
I do prefer the Gigabyte BIOS layout, although that may mostly be down to it telling me what the default voltages are. With my old Asus board, I had to look up accepted voltages for everything before I could take them off Auto :rolleyes:

Have you got round to o/cing on the Asus yet?

Back
Top Bottom