About to purchase, can't decide

Soldato
There is an issue with the blacks going grey on the Panasonic plasmas. Plus you have issues with image retention. I'd stick to LCD if I were you.

another Internet myth ????

LCD for me is over saturated looks and pants with SD material, cheap one's smear on fast moving images, and generally make everything look like a Pixar animation.... For sure they got better of more recent years, but when looking at all the options just before Christmas, Plasma for me was the better compromise. BUT it's all personal choice, choose what looks best to you.

Associate
There is an issue with the blacks going grey on the Panasonic plasmas. Plus you have issues with image retention. I'd stick to LCD if I were you.

Getting quite annoyed with the whole image retention argument. With the amount of people saying it isn't a problem, including myself, surely people would stop using it? Is it just something people with lcd's say to justify themselves not buying a plasma?

I use my plasma as a monitor a lot of the time and haven't had a problem in 3 years!

Oh yeah, the blacks are still black, not grey.

Soldato
Image retention was a problem with the first few generations of plasma TVs, but it's not much of an issue any longer. It's one of those things that has stuck and people are too ignorant to be told otherwise.

Soldato
There is some truth to the blacks getting lighter on the panasonics, but it's blown out of proportion. Worst case is you'll end up with the best lcd black (grey) levels after 2-4 years ;)

Phospor lag bugs me with plasma screens - wait for the new VT series, it's meant to have sorted this. Retention is now a none issue.

Back
Top Bottom