Bad Company 2 - get your 360 controller config!

Associate
**Updated** Hey, I did this for myself just a minute ago so rather than being selfish and lazy, I'll post it up here for you guys, it gives you access to using the 360 controller with bad company 2

Download here: Download xpadder 360 controller BC2.7z for free on uploading.com

Contents:
-Xpadder 5.3
-3 config files

If your running Windows 7 then run in compatibility mode for Windows Vista SP2. Does not need installing just extract and run, you will need to disengage bad company 2 joystick controls for on foot, vehicle and air and as the controller is basically just assigned to keyboard controls, it should work fine for vehicles and air too, just make sure keyboard/mouse controls are at default in BC2

Features:
-V.light rumble on sprint, grenade and knife
-Heavy rumble on firing

Of course you can change settings to whatever you like, I think I have all the right buttons assigned the only one I'm missing is changing seats in vehicles but obviously no real concern just use the keyboard, I'll just give you a run down of what is assigned: (you can view this easier within the xpadder)
-Aim -Left trigger
-Fire -Right Trigger
-Crouch -Toggle Left Bumper
-Knife -Right Bumper
-Move/strafe -Left analog stick
-Sprint -Push down Left analog stick
-Spot enemies/commands -Back button
-Pause/Menu -Start button
-Change view (vehicle) -Y button
-Reload -X button
-Enter vehicles/mount -B button
-Jump/Parachute -A button
-Change weapon up -Up Dpad
-Change weapon down -Down Dpad
-Leaderboard -Left Dpad
-Map -Right Dpad
-Look Around -Right analog stick
-Grenade -Push down right analog stick

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Decent guide but I cant think of one reason why someone would go to all this effort to have inferior, slower, less accurate controls than the people you are no doubt going to get owned by.

Associate
OP
Decent guide but I cant think of one reason why someone would go to all this effort to have inferior, slower, less accurate controls than the people you are no doubt going to get owned by.

I get owned anyway ;)

But seriously, some people are asking for it (the config) and I generally find it easier to multitask with a 360 controller and push the fire trigger which is needed in a pistol fight, I used to play 360 until I moved to PC a couple of years ago, so I guess I'm just used to the controller more, if your used to something you will perform better with it

Associate
OP
I would need an aimbot to play if i was using a 360 controller :D

Think of it this way, if your enemies are using a controller maybe you'll get more kills :p

But for me I'd rather trade accuracy for being able to do things faster (as im used to the controller) and also some people may find this useful because they may use a controller for vehicles

So? Of what concern is it to you exactly? I don't like the attitude of some PC gamers and there beloved keyboard and mouse, not directing this at you but it's rather pathetic and nobody cares :p

It is a silly thread.
A mouse and keyboard is easier to aim with by miles.

A gamepad is inferior for FPS and playing an online FPS with a gamepad when everyone else uses a mouse will mean you die in most close combat confrontations.

:p:p

Soldato
So? Of what concern is it to you exactly? I don't like the attitude of some PC gamers and there beloved keyboard and mouse, not directing this at you but it's rather pathetic and nobody cares :p

Nottin to do with the attitude fella..

Control pads are perfectly fine for racing, sports etc etc. But seriously there cant be one single argument made for a pad being better than a good ol' K&M in an FPS.

But if thats what ya prefer dude then fair enough, and hopefully with your guide above you've plugged a gap for one or two other users who prefer pads like you.

Associate
OP
Just updated it the turbo trigger thing is crap :p and removed toggle crouch because it didn't feel right at all, also it was missing a file

Personally I don't think it's as inferior as you suggest, if someone has used it for a while they can be more than capable of competing against other k/m users, its called practice I have it for the controller I don't for the K/M so I prefer the controller

Last edited:
Associate
Let people have their preferences, yeah, for some of us keyboard and mouse control is one of the bonuses to PC gaming, but there are some people who came from consoles and still enjoy using the controller.

It may be true that you won't do as well using a controller over people using a mouse and keyboard, but if it means they can enjoy the game, then why wouldn't they?

Soldato
Thanks for this :)

For me, the 360 pad support is about being able to chill out in front of the TV and play some single player (about all that BC2 is good for at the moment anyway, until the get the server issues sorted). It's a no-brainer really. Comfy bed + 42" 1080p plasma, or less-comfy office chair and poor quality 1440x900 LCD...

Associate
Nottin to do with the attitude fella..

Control pads are perfectly fine for racing, sports etc etc. But seriously there cant be one single argument made for a pad being better than a good ol' K&M in an FPS.

But if thats what ya prefer dude then fair enough, and hopefully with your guide above you've plugged a gap for one or two other users who prefer pads like you.

So much pathetic arrogance in this thread, i'd been looking for a guide as i was interested in flying the chopper with a 360 pad, so thank you to the OP, i suggest half the people here get off their high horses with the silly little KB&M is so much better mantra whenever 360 pads get mentioned

Soldato
Flying helis is still better with mouse and keyboard. Plus I don't see why it's faster to use a pad or why you need it for pistol fights. :confused:

Also practice can only get you so far and in this case, not very far at all!

Back
Top Bottom